Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that you would be saying something along similar lines if one of the internal candidates had got the job, so it's a no win situation as far as you are concerned! Just seems you never really have anything positive to say and are always quick with the if's, maybe's and any conspiracy that you can throw in for good measure.

more of the old pals helping each other then. Did the selection panel know him if so they should of stepped down.

As I understand it the selection panel was the whole council and other than having a Shetland wide public election for the post or perhaps putting all the candidates names in a hat and having someone trusted to pull one name out I do not see how they could have been more fair with the selection procedure.

As for the best person for the job I think we just have to accept that the council have chosen the person who seemed best to them on the day. They may be right and they may be wrong but they have tried and no system is ever perfect.

I assume that you would be saying something along similar lines if one of the internal candidates had got the job, so it's a no win situation as far as you are concerned! Just seems you never really have anything positive to say and are always quick with the if's, maybe's and any conspiracy that you can throw in for good measure.

Pardon me for sticking me head above the parapet but I can understand where paulb is coming from. Granted, I'm in the process of purchasing a property in Shetland (well, hubby is) but given that the new CEO is the son of a previous one, I'd be inclined to be immediately sceptic. Yes, he may well be a super duper dude but if the same appointment happened here, alarm bells would start ringing/concerns raised.

Paulb has stated that he is happy to be proved wrong. Ooh, and Paulb isn't always negative - bless him - he's said summat nice about me on here LOL!

did his dad not help get us a not bad deal on the oil fund?

That was indeed so. It was always my impression that of all the individuals on the planet, Shetland's wealth since the 70's owes more to him than anyone else.

The idea of his son wanting to come back to follow on is indeed the most intriguing of ideas. I must confess I like the tale so far.

If you waited a mo and read some of my earlier posts i was very in favour of promoting an internal candidate. they spent a whole heap of money on this recrutment. If the senior managers that stood for this post were proven effective then they should have had first chance. Don't say it can't be done it's done in the nhs all the time. So on the whole im not being negative.

If you waited a mo and read some of my earlier posts i was very in favour of promoting an internal candidate. they spent a whole heap of money on this recrutment. If the senior managers that stood for this post were proven effective then they should have had first chance. Don't say it can't be done it's done in the nhs all the time. So on the whole im not being negative.

If my understanding is correct, EU legislation doesn't permit a post just being advertised internally these days for public authority bodies' appointments.