Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Guest Anonymous
Fleabee.......ehh..???!!!!....

The potential "loss" of his wife would apparantly be a consequence of his own actions....and nothing to do his performance / non perfoirmance as CE.

The potential "loss" of his job would appear to have been initiated by himself...it is the CE who has instructed his solicitors to commence dialogue with the SIC.

The potential "loss" of his reputation is a largely a consequence of his actions associated with both of the above.

i did say it couldna go on so dunna get snurty wi me , and if the fellow has messed up his life and career its horribly ignorant to just keep on booting him now that hes about gone

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Mainlander, Spinner 72, North, Symbister ISOT have all made good pints. This guy was never given a chance before Mr Wills kicked off. Far too many people are backing Mr Wills who clearly do not now what he is like. Trouble with a capital T! :( :(

What utter rubbish :oops:

This is about Mr Clark not Dr Wills. It's about the man's abilities or lack of them :roll:

There are many questions still unanswered .... :?:

IMO Mainlander, Spinner 72, North, Symbister ISOT have all made good pints. This guy was never given a chance before Mr Wills kicked off. Far too many people are backing Mr Wills who clearly do not now what he is like. Trouble with a capital T! :( :(

I certainly don't back the Dr.

As you obviously know him well, perhaps you can tell us what he is like?

(Ahem), 'Mr Wills kicked off' - best not use phrasing of this nature, or we might all be back at the beginning again.

DC had the chance of a lifetime to do things for the good of Shetland.

I don't know what happened to him or what he experienced, but he was sadly lacking in the 'nous' to handle it and it showed up very quickly indeed. :mrgreen:

i wouldnt feel much compassion for wills' demise either , i think hes a gob****e

We can surely manage without that sort of abuse. As far as I can see, Dr Wills has acted responsibly throughout. He was, IMHO, absolutely right to be concerned about what was going on and I think he acted according to his conscience. I do think he overdid it when he reported the alleged threats to the police and I also think he should have been a bit more circumspect about circulating stuff to SIC staff en masse. But I've absolutely no reason to doubt that he's told the truth and that he's had Shetland's interests at heart at a time when most of his colleagues have seemingly either been (a) paralysed by indecision or (B) out of touch with what was happening and its wider effects; or maybe both, if that's possible.

Brian don't fall asleep . Look what happened to C.E. when he fell asleep on Bressay Ferry !

I've been trying to ignore this, but its no wirkin.

How can anybody fall asleep on the Bressay Ferry!?! There's far too much noise, and if that's not enough, its a only a blasted five minute crossing! :shock:

I guess anyone that can manage to do that, must either be awfully tired, or very sleep deprived. :wink:

Brian don't fall asleep . Look what happened to C.E. when he fell asleep on Bressay Ferry !

I've been trying to ignore this, but its no wirkin.

How can anybody fall asleep on the Bressay Ferry!?! There's far too much noise, and if that's not enough, its a only a blasted five minute crossing! :shock:

I guess anyone that can manage to do that, must either be awfully tired, or very sleep deprived. :wink:

I kept coming back to this also.

Maybe there was a 3rd reason? :mrgreen:

How can anybody fall asleep on the Bressay Ferry!?!

I haven't heard a first person account so I have perhaps misunderstood the sequence of events. The story I heard seemed to indicate that the sleeping/graffiti incident had occured while on Bressay, but as he was not aware of the text, it was not removed before boarding the ferry. But, as I said, that could be completely untrue.

What utter rubbish :oops:

This is about Mr Clark not Dr Wills. It's about the man's abilities or lack of them :roll:

There are many questions still unanswered .... :?:

So you don't think Dr Wills behaviour towards the Chief Exec is relevant?. I know if someone was digging dirt on me I'd certainly not be pally with them.

Clarky maybe does lack ability, he certainly struggles in his handling of the local media and he does have a fair habit of digging holes for himself that he doesn't need to dig but, the truth of the matter is that had the Councillors done there homework to begin with he wouldn't have been in the job to make a hash of it and had the Councillors had the cajones to do something about it when kickingteethingate and havingdrinkswithconsultantwhohappenstobeoldpalgate kicked off then he wouldn't be in a position now where he has a chance to take the council for a pot of cash.

I'm all for a lynching folks but after you're done with Clark have a look at the rest of the yahoos in charge they hired him.

^^ Exactly! Clark is the immediate and present danger, so has to be attended to first, but he can just wait by the door holding it open as he leaves. There are quite a few others who need to follow him through it, either for appointing him in the first place, or for action or inaction that's allowed him to stay as long as he has.

You lot have certainly heard a different version of the Bressay ferry incident to me!

I mentioned on the Up Helly Aa thread that an acquaintance had told me what that referred to - but according to them the incident involved a Bressay resident allegedly vandalising the safety posters on the ferry with obscene graffiti regarding local events he was not happy with.

No doubt there will be plenty of other versions on the go! But it just goes to show the dangers of repeating gossip on the forum.

The result in this matter will hinge on procedure.

If there was a misconduct has it been properly dealt with?

Is there evidence of wrong doing and of proper procedures to deal with it?

The newspaper reports and the online speculation only serve to fudge the matter! Perhaps to the advantage of the accused!

The true test here is not the behaviour of the alleged miscreant, but is a trial of the conduct councillors and their officers who have been involved in the matter in hand.

From experience, an individual who is indeed widely known to be guilty of misconduct may walk away exonerated with a massive hand-out just because someone has failed to follow a simple procedure.

This may even be treated as constructive dismissal, if this has made the position untenable.

The aftermath will be as interesting as the main event.