Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Perhaps i'am reading too much into this, but the cameras at the cross are still offline, they were ok earlier on.

Coincidence that there will be a protest there today :roll:

Possibly related to this morning's power cut?

or could it be the amount of people trying to watch? Server may be down, I know they upped its ability just for up-helly-aa but I'm guessing they weren't thinking of today :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met Mr Clueless leaving the Town Hall at 12 today so I'm guessing he wasn't there when aabody came a calling. I realise his tactics are avoid/defer at all costs but shame he wasn't there to face his critics.

Hope I'm wrong and he was joost heading oot to get extra milk so he could offer aabody a cuppa!

Sandy Cluness did come to the door at the Town Hall (the foreside of 1pm), but he stated he could not make any comment for legal reasons (from what I could hear). There were calls for him to resign.

The turn out was quite good, and another protest is scheduled for 12pm on Saturday at the Market Cross where councillors will be invited to attend and air their views.

spelling :oops:

Since hardly anybody would be expected to apply for the post of chief executive of Shetland Islands Council, should it be advertised, it now appears to be highly likely that for the foreseeable future the job will be taken on by a representative form the local authority umbrella group CoSLA.

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2010/February/news/Outcry%20over%20offer%20to%20Clark.htm

There is only one reason why this statement would be made, or would require to be made.

Incompetency in the Leadership of the elected body. When are the Councillors going to realise that not only are they the SOLE cause of the problem (or their own internally elected leadership), and that ONLY they have the ability to remedy it and reorganise this disgraceful mess.

The voters don't get a chance to have their say until the next election, so YOU have to remedy the inadequate leadership that has driven the SIC into this disasterous situation.

I know there are able individuals on this council who are capable of resolving this situation. Unfortunately, the longer it goes on, the greater the likelihood that no-one is going to want to touch it with a ten-foot barge pole.

Both the elected and executive leadership do not appear to have the management skills and experience to run a large local Government organisation - so turf them out on their ear!

Let's get on with it.

Just a cupla things:

Can someone clarify the reason for the Non-Pictures?

As mentioned first in the ST, the true cost of this infamous offer to DC is not 250,000, but more like 350,000, as it appears the SIC are paying his Tax and Legal Fees.

I hope his 90,000 pa Salary is a Gross amount and not Net one.

Oh before I firgit, da peerie green fiss has now gone.

Am I the only one who's frustrated at how this is being handled?

As much as I hate to admit it the guy is entitled to a payout.

No Employer handles their disciplinary proceedings through the media.

All these folk calling for details of private meetings to be made public, how would they appreciate any disciplinary action against them published in the local papers, debated here on shetlink and discussed on the street loudly as they passed by.

The guy may have done wrong, but as an employer the SIC has failed dreadfully.

If he'd been from a Shetland family would there have been so much noise made?

Good luck to the next CE. It's a poison chalice I can't see many going for.

^^Well, didn't DC comment on the allegations in the press? Whilst there should be a degree of privacy, I believe I am correct in my understanding that if the matter had proceeded to an Employment Tribunal, like other Court Judgments the findings/transcripts are public documents. Perhaps that is why the parties have chosen not to go down this route.

only after his employer had gone to them in the 1st place.

Jonathan had to resign last time round for running to the press on inappropriate occasions.

If an employee threatens you or another member of staff you don't tell the media about it before it's dealt with within the company.

^^ Umm....I seem to recall it was Shannon that opened the can of worms concerning Clark's behaviour to the press, and the bandwagon took off from there. Yet strangely he seems to be the only one thatmay emerge from the whole fiasco with any sympathy or credibility, albeit not much, but that's little different than he started out with.

£250,000 payout , thats almost 3 years salary !!! Who the hell else gets that when they are dismissed from a job for ANY reason ???? Its a bloody disgrace , especially when savings and cuts are being made to schools and services , Our intreped band of so called "leaders" should hang their heads in shame and be prepared to feel the door bang their arses at the next election. You're a god damned disgrace....the lot of you. :evil:

I apologise if this has already been mentioned earlier but I don't have the time to read through all the previous posts on this thread.

Is there a mechanism to surcharge the councillors, voting yes, part / full value of the payoff for Dave Clark if one is offered? Maybe this might just make them hesitate when handing around our money!