Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Think this has pretty much worked out perfectly for Willie Shannon, wonder what odds you would get on him being appointed the CE now?

God forbid! No offence to the man, but he was positioned a little too close to the previous management for comfort. Too much risk of a continuation of something similar to the pre-Clark era than a fresh start.

Either this little playground spat is put to bed and the current players find a way to tolerate each other and get on with their respective jobs, or you get fresh meat in all the way.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its a good job there's a guy like Jonathan Wills on the council who will stand up to bully boy Clark... Where would it end if he was allowed to go on like this ?????

Allowed to go on like what? 'Seal a deal or two' with a glass of whisky? Down the periodic pint, either in (HEAVEN FORBID) a public house; or his own garden? Get rid of 'hangers-on' who don't even possess a job description?

Now the tabloids have the story, they doubtless will dig the dirt on the entire council chamber; and the press don't take prisoners. You never know the national press may do us all a favour, and perform a whole scale clear-out.

One question to ponder come Wednesday, and the month-long investigation, should Jonathan Wills's 'allegations' be un-founded; will he do the honourable thing, and stand down?

^^ I don't like him now, so he's not allowed to come over to my house to play any more". :roll:

Honestly, I am fast losing any respect I had for Wills. If Wills doesn't trust Clark to behave professionally and not make a scene should they meet, he shouldn't be worrying about it. It would be just what he needs to add something of weight to his so far rather lightweight allegations. And/or if it is the case that Wills is making the request as it is himself he does not trust to not make a scene should they meet, resignation papers would be appropriate.

Boyo....UHA squads and the rhymesters and wags who write the bill are already spoiled for choice of who and how to get more mileage out of than they can ever possibly use. :roll:

Despite my previously expressed reservations about this whole matter, I have to wholeheartedly admire Mr Wills' skill in keeping the story at the top of the local news agenda.

Aye, but as its in much the same way as Calamity is "admired" for always getting the biggest headline, you gotta question if its an asset or liability.

^^Have had a quick look at the Captain Calamity thread, but it is obviously going to need careful and extensive study - I think I see what you mean, though...

I wonder whether Chief Exec is unable to respond to all the allegations while they are under investigation, or is currently choosing not to.

So the chief exec has admitted to drinking on council premises and according to the Shetland News this is against council policy.

What would happen if someone in the county garage was caught drinking a glass of whisky in their tea room?

Rules are rules and if they can be broken by the chief exec then what message does this send to the rest of the public workforce?

Guest Anonymous

Boyo....UHA squads and the rhymesters and wags who write the bill are already spoiled for choice of who and how to get more mileage out of than they can ever possibly use. :roll:

Not to mention anybody else who might, or might not, be working on a little ditty... :wink: :lol:

Must admit I'm running short of rhymes for Clark & Wills. Any suggestions welcome. :wink:

So the chief exec has admitted to drinking on council premises and according to the Shetland News this is against council policy.

What would happen if someone in the county garage was caught drinking a glass of whisky in their tea room?

Rules are rules and if they can be broken by the chief exec then what message does this send to the rest of the public workforce?

To expand on my previous post, infiltrator, many (if not most) companies have a drinks cabinet in their boardroom or equivalent with which the directors will make free. The same companies would instantly fire "Jane on Reception" if she were found to be swigging from miniatures of Scotland's finest at her desk, as drinking on company premises would indeed be against company policy.

Now, it may be unfair, but the face is that there are rules for some and rules for others. Where I have worked it has generally been known as "Do as I say, not as I do"! Irritating? Yes, of course. But in no way unusual.