Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

For ****'s sake! Dave Clark's personal life has absolutely no bearing on how good/bad he might have been as Chief Exec!

Ihave to disagree with you there 'joenorth'. I feel in a job such as his you know you are in the public eye. Whilst it is unfortunate for him, he has to think about what his actions are doing to the reputation of the council and even Shetland. I'm sure there are many folk who would like to think it doesn't matter what they do outside of work but unfortunately, for some of us, it does.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he ever really given a chance?. I don't know, but one thing I can't understand is why we keep overlooking our own home-grown talent when it comes to these "top jobs". What I mean is, there must be people within the SIC who have started at the "bottom", worked their way up and would make a perfect candidate only to come up against that infamous glass ceiling.

We have people in Shetland who are more than capable of these jobs but always seem to by-pass them. And then we wonder why wir young folk feel there are no opportunities in Shetland.....

And, nothing personal, but no, it definately should not go to Willie Shannon. Not after the SIC's left wing and Shetland media's hysterical self imposed campaign to have him re-instated.

What I mean is, there must be people within the SIC who have started at the "bottom", worked their way up and would make a perfect candidate only to come up against that infamous glass ceiling.

The glass ceiling is there for a reason. While I'm sure there are some very capable and able folk within the council organisation who have climbed in the ranks over the years, and very probably would do the CE job extremely well. There is always the heightened risk when considering such people that they may well be too well indoctrinated over too long to be fully able to think outside the box of the red-tape choked "council way" of doing thing, it runs the risk of being something of an incestous and imploding arrangement.

In a nutshell, is it simply coincidence that the council has become a bumbling, ineffective, "ignore it and it might go away" damp squib since its ranks has contained a number of ex-senior SIC employees?!?

However, with that said, I don't think the risk of taking a chance on promoting someone from "in house" who ends up being unable to fully relate to the "real world", private business etc, is particularly any greater than importing someone from private enterprise world and finding they cannot relate to the lumbering procedural adhering beast that is public service. Sooo, seeing as by all appearances we currently have the latter.....

Ideally for such a high profile and responsible job someone with a sound background in both public and private spheres would be desirable, I would imagine they are not the easiest come by, even with 90k waved under their nose though.

Well :o :o

Mr Clark’s lawyers Morton Fraser, the Edinburgh-based firm that also acts on behalf of local knitwear firm Judane, have already been in touch with the council to hold talks.

How is that for a coincidence

The council will wright of another £400000 then

COSLA to help SIC remove Clark

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2010/February/news/COSLA%20to%20help%20SIC%20remove%20Clark.htm

Well not before time

Mr. Clark, the Miller's and Judane Limited all seem to have the same Lawyers, namely Morton Fraser of Edinburgh.

Now why would someone, who has been in business and was domiciled in Motherwell, now come to have intructed Lawyers from that same Edinburgh practice?

Interesting innit?

I hope this week-kneed Council doesn't cave in like they seem to have done with the Judane fiasco. :mrgreen:

Mr. Clark, the Miller's and Judane Limited all seem to have the same Lawyers, namely Morton Fraser of Edinburgh.

Now why would someone, who has been in business and was domiciled in Motherwell, now come to have intructed Lawyers from that same Edinburgh practice?

Interesting innit?

So because he is from Motherwell a 45 minute drive from Edinburgh and hires a reputable solicitor from that same place you find that interesting. Could it not be he has hired lawyers he knows will do the best job for him in getting a pay off, maybe the Miller's did recommend them or maybe Mr Clark had used them before when he lived in Motherwell about 45 mins from Edinburgh :roll:

What next deep throat the use of flybe in travelling to and from Shetland Dave Clark and the Miller's have used it won't someone uncover the conspiracy.