Problems Logging in

Ever since last week I've had real problems logging in. I can access Shetlink on my first attempt but after that, it won't load at all. I've just restarted my PC and hey presto! Get in no problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is having difficulties accessing it is more than likely an issue with cookies between your browser and this site - and not to do with your Internet connection in itself.

Delete your cookies if you are having issues as per instructions from your browser manufacturer.

^^ Not working for me, sorry. I've cleared cookies (and everything else clearable) numerous times since the problem first surfaced last Tuesday, but it makes no difference.

The only way I can get back on the site is to disconnect from the internet and come back on a fresh connection. Regardless, I just get between 4-10 clicks any given time I can get here, them I'm kicked out again. Whatever is blocking me appears to survive a cookie cull, but not calling up a fresh IP.

I tocht I wis been banned or something, sum wid laekly sae "no afore time an aw". :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Maybe this is of little relevance, but I've had no bother. Is this because I stay permanently logged in?

What I mean is, that if the people who are having problems tend to log out at the end of the day, does that make a difference. If so, just stick with Shetlink, it ain't too bad.. :wink:

I've had problems throughout the week but it isn't logging in thats a problem, I tend to stay logged in. I have also found problems with other local sites and have found switching router off for a couple of minutes sorts things.

Guest Anonymous

It would be fine if the mods could admit when there is a problem, instead of going into an aggressive, defensive mode.

"There is nothing wrong with Shetlink, it's your computer or your cookies". :lol:

Sorry, I know I shouldn't have said that,, I've already slapped my own wrists, several times.. :wink:

Maybe this is of little relevance, but I've had no bother. Is this because I stay permanently logged in?

What I mean is, that if the people who are having problems tend to log out at the end of the day, does that make a difference. If so, just stick with Shetlink, it ain't too bad.. :wink:

Good in theory, but when you have an internet connection like mine that drops multiple times daily, its not really an option.