Chris Hodge & Judane's

Tomblands

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not normally post on here, but a recent event has made me do so.

Chris Hodge selling BB Guns - stand up that man, you trully are a valued member of our society.....................................S**te!!! A friend of my family was attacked by 2 boys with these "toys" who proceeded to shoot him in the face several times!

Why did he ever see it a good business idea to sell these items??? He complains about getting a hard time and then follows it up with selling these.

Well done Mr Hodge well done indeed! :x

Chris Hodge selling BB Guns - stand up that man, you trully are a valued member of our society.....................................S**te!!! A friend of my family was attacked by 2 boys with these "toys" who proceeded to shoot him in the face several times!

The problem here lies with the parents of the two boys not the toys,

bring your kids up to have respect for others and they won't behave in this manner.

I take my son target shooting he gets a great deal of pleasure from it and so do I. He would not dream of pointing a gun at anyone far less fire it at them. He also goes out with a bow and arrows for rabbits (never gets any mind you) and has great fun with that too.

If society took greater care to teach children right from wrong those 2 little turds would not act the way they did, I mean what deterent is there to their actions, your family friend if he had reacted by giving them a good hard kick up the ass would have found himself in court while if those 2 were to have found themselves brought to book, an adventure holiday in the lake district with a social worker each to care for the poor peerie souls is the worst they could expect.

• 3 weeks later...

we had a visit from the local police recently and they have told us that certain bb guns i.e. the ones that look like real guns are infact against the law to sell without a licence, the only ones for sale in hodgeys now are the clear plastic type

(** MOD EDIT ** runaway rumours are not the place for Shetlink )

(shetland drums)

(** MOD EDIT ** - Unsubstantiated rumours are not the place for Shetlink. If this was true I would trust that your neighbour went to the Citizens Advide Bureau and made it a point of theirs to have said items - Lava Lamp - removed from sale if defective)

.. get that site working!!

..Get us in Tesco.. ASDA.. And give Shetland a choice..

Everywhere else has it.. Why not here?

• 5 months later...

So according to Mr Hodge on the Shetland radio tonight he will be trading for a few more months then closing down.

Then he's suing the Shetland Islands Council for about a million because he didn't get the planning permission for the car-park ..

So according to Mr Hodge on the Shetland radio tonight he will be trading for a few more months then closing down.

Then he's suing the Shetland Islands Council for about a million because he didn't get the planning permission for the car-park ..

Not quite correct. Chris was messed about from the start with the planning department telling him he did not need planning permission for his store and then, just as he was about to buy the place, changing their minds. As I understand it the car parking was a condition of planning consent when he eventually got it.

Whatever anyone might think about the man and his store he has put a lot of his time and money into the project and he must be feeling that he has been well and truly kicked in the teeth by some people in Shetland.

How can he justify suing for £1,000,000? That clearly isn't lost profits.

Indeed. On precisely what grounds is he suing the Council? Sure they cocked up at the start by advising him that planning permission wasn't required when it was and he has every right to be pissed off about that. But at no time through this whole debacle - including when he didn't have permission to do so - has he been prevented from trading by them. Indeed in normal circumstances, the car park that he has been asked to provide as a condition of his approval would more than likely have had to be put in, and paid for, before the use could commence.

I dunno why thers all the excitement about bb guns, when I was growing up we made powerful bows n arrows, even crossbows, had catapults, bb guns, slingshots, bolas, pen knives you name it, was a great part of our lives, It all comes down to a poor standard of parenting, teaching your kids to act responsibly, thats where it's all falling apart nowadays.