Overpopulation (This thread may not be suitable for minors)

Overpopulation is a serious problem. To tackle it, should we...  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Overpopulation is a serious problem. To tackle it, should we...

• Deliberately exterminate 3.5 billion people in the most humane way science can devise.
    • Allow "nature to take it
    • Do everything we can to avert this catastrophy and allow numbers to fall naturally in line with declining birth rates due to the higher standard of living enjoyed in the West.
    • Pray

then ban this science. if your objective is to reduce the population why support the science of increasing it.

it depends what you class as life. if your comfortable that this early group of cells is not a human were would you draw the line.

personally its life and has the potential to become a child. yes of course loads don't attach and become children but that's nature and a red herring that pro abortionists use often.

its just sick to abort something to promote pregnancy in an other. if the report had been clearer they would have mentioned the mice they produced with this method. they all died from illnesses.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you may need to hold a lighter under it to sterilise it....

But the science could produce a more productive human, one that could not rely so much on certain things...then

they may be able to come up with an answer...

How far do you want this potential to produce a life to go, Monty Python may be on to summint...

We either have to curb our raping of the planet or curb the population...

But, folk who need stem cell stuff, are they not already alive..

And if we kill a potential baby to make folk who are already alive better then....

I dont think we need to kill folk, just not let them happen.

then ban this science. if your objective is to reduce the population why support the science of increasing it.

it depends what you class as life. if your comfortable that this early group of cells is not a human were would you draw the line.

personally its life and has the potential to become a child. yes of course loads don't attach and become children but that's nature and a red herring that pro abortionists use often.

its just sick to abort something to promote pregnancy in an other. if the report had been clearer they would have mentioned the mice they produced with this method. they all died from illnesses.

"pro abortion" is a very misleading term. I don't think there are that many people around that think abortions should just be a primary form of contraception and used as often as possible...

If you class human life as something that has the potential to become a child, then all contraception is essentially murder. Every time a women had her period, that'd be murder too.

In my view, using stem cells to improve medical science is a great moral good.

this is not for cures of medical conditions its an experiment to produce sperm.

most illness will in time be cured by the stem cells harvested from the patent. it appears to be more effective.

its just that using an aborted child to supply cells for human reproduction is in my view wrong. odds are that they will never get permission to take this experiment forward. why would some one even want its much worse than donor sperm. what do you tell the kid that his dad was killed so he could be born.

im apposed in general to abortion but there are cases where its needed.

have you thought that the reason fertility is falling is because people are delaying having children. There was 201,173 abortions in 2007. now it seems that these 200,000 don't seem to have a problem.

so are we catering for people who have delayed things to long. Wild idea they could adopt one of these unwanted children.

now i will get off my high horse we seem to be truly messed up one group going to extremes to have kids and another to not have them.

Guest posiedon
paulb

im (sic) apposed (sic) in general to abortion but there are cases where its (sic) needed.

That's big of you, you're not a woman then? (usernames mean nothing)

Maybe you'd like to tell us about these cases where (in your opinion) It's "needed"? And indeed, the cases you think it was not needed, but went ahead anyway.

i was not claiming a view on it.

as i stood and watched my first child die and the next three come close. three members of my family have all had mid term miscarriages and are unable to have children so yes i do have a view on it but it is just mine. life to me is valued and should be. but that's my personal view and i don't try to impose it on anyone.

i don't judge a person who has had one any worse than anyone else. So is that any worse than someone promoting the free use of abortion.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I have heard more intellectual thought issue from my rear end in the form of a smelly wind. Get real Mr Doom and Gloom. There is NO solution to overpopulation, and discussing it is as productive as measuring the amount of dandruff on Obama's head. The world will continue the way it always has, too many people, war, too few people, less war, too many people again, new disease and war...etc. Religion - mindless rubbish. Philosophy - stop thinking so hard, doesn't change anything. Politics - don't make me laugh. There is only one truth, that we live and die and what we achieve in that brief time is all that matters. Overpopulation?? How about a cull starting with all the less productive members of society, homeless, unemployed, disabled...etc, and of course you Mr Arabiaterra, who obviously falls into one of those categories. Get real and get a life. You should try being gay like me, at least we don't add to your dark nightmare of a world crammed like sardines. :twisted: