Should Britain follow France and ban the Burka?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing that could happen, as I like the Koran but i dislike the man made crap that they try and justify ressing like that, Its only as thet were scared of men stealing the best looking ladies, so they covered them all, it has nothing to do with religion.

The growing European row over bans on Muslim veils today spread to Italy after a Tunisian-born woman was fined for wearing a burqa, the first time such a penalty has been imposed in the country.

Amel Marmouri, 26, was stopped by carabinieri officers in a spot check outside a post office in Novara in northern Italy and given a 500 euro (£431) fine, payable within 90 days.

Ben Salah Braim, 36, the woman's husband and a building worker, said he would respect the regulation, but would have to confine his wife at home since the Koran forbade other men to see her face.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7115756.ece

I had always thought that the Koran said women were to dress modestly and cover all except for the hands, the feet, and the face.

^ ^ ^

Many thousands of robberies have been carried out by persons wearing nylon stocking masks yet no one has suggested banning stockings. Robbers have even been known to cut holes in plastic shopping bags. What else do you ban?

you ban anyone from wearing items which prevent the reasonable ability of identification. i thought that should have been fairly obvious.

as it has been for some years you cant walk into a bank with a full face motorcycle helmet on, motorcyclist dont scream racism or motorcyclism or whatever else.

Guest Anonymous

at worst it might make them a bit smelly n swaety on a hot day , but look at the dancing monkeys hopping round our inner cities wi thier bits all on public view , whats going on there? street brawls over the biggest chests, std's etc , leave the poor old muzzies alone

^ ^ ^

Many thousands of robberies have been carried out by persons wearing nylon stocking masks yet no one has suggested banning stockings. Robbers have even been known to cut holes in plastic shopping bags. What else do you ban?

You know straight away if someone enters a bank with their face covered up like you describe that are up to no good, its not so clear with a burka, people should not be able to cover up their faces in offical buildings.

Thing is I have more and more friends who are choosing to cover up more and more. The greater the antimuslim feeling the more they want to show their pride. Friends I went out with in the nineties who would never have dreamed of wearing a hijab now wont leave the house without one, some even choosing to cover their face.

The thing I find most amazing is it's men who seem to find this offensive.

Can I just ask why do men find it so offensive?

Not defending forcing of women to wear the burka, we tried in the nineties to highlight the plight of women in afghanistan, but not many folk were interested before 9/11. Strange that.

Didn't The Prophet say: Whoever has pride in his heart equal to the weight of an atom shall not enter Paradise.