Da Ashes

AndDenWeMadeTea

When it comes to rugby and football, I find it awful tough to support England when playing anyone. I think that the English media have a lot to do with this! I’m nae Nat do kens, nor am I ‘anti English’. But, when it comes tae da Ashes, I’m behind England 110%. I wis kind of thinking tae myself why this could be, then it finally clicked!

Its all doon tae general Australian arrogance – especially when it come tae sport. Its worse than that of the English!! The English media, on da other hand, give this impression that they don't expect tae win, and this kind of endears them to me!!! Then, I kind o go thinking again and realised that the poor Australians hivna really got much else going for them apart from sport and a bit o sun and sand! Ie. They don’t have much history, culture or tradition! I sport is one o da few ways in which they as a nation can really express themselves!

ANYWAY…….COME ON ENGLAND!

When it comes to rugby and football, I find it awful tough to support England when playing anyone. I think that the English media have a lot to do with this!

I absolutely agree with the quote, I am the same, I'm not anti-english in the slightest however I despise their football and rugby teams because of the media. I was listening to the Ashes on the radio yesterday (due to television generally being nothing but soaps and politics on a Sunday, and I dont have SS) and I was being a neutral, but the horrible onesided usual english nonsense on Radio5Live, I had to start supporting Australia, Geoffrey Boycott was terrible!

The Sky Sports team however I feel are brilliant, althrough obviously supporting England, praise whatever team for good play when deserved, including the Aussies.

Therefore I'm Australian for the summer, plus my auntie lives out there, rude not to support them??