Random Questions - What I'd like to know is ......?

Njugle

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I keep winning?

Annual Prize 2009. It is a profound gratitude communicating with you through this medium. We Bonoloto. Combinacion Ganadora wish to inform you that your email address won prize fund of 1,200,000.00 Euros categorically in our lottery program. Your email address attached to our Lottery payment order, had the following details in our DATA BASE: Ticket Nr.: 4 16 19 25 27 40; (ii) Lucky Nrs.:SPX56789; (iii) Reference Nr.: 5687SPL876;(iv) Batch Nr.: SPYU6868; Please contact our FOREIGN TRANSFER MANAGER. With your Full Name, Home and Office Tel & Fax Mobile Tel Number ===============================================A.S.M. SEGURIDAD, S.L.Dr. Antonio MarshallTelephone :+ 34 672-871-045.Email: a.s.m.seguridad.s.l@aol.esa.s.m.seguridad.s.l@aol.es===============================================Yours Sincerely,Mrs.Magdaleen Owen.Public Relation Officer.

:shock: BonoLotto, how bizzar :lol: :wink:

(Be warned folks there comming to make you winners too)

I'd like to know why some people never have anything nice to say. :roll:

I've found the answer!

Interpersonal chemistry through negativity: Bonding by sharing negative attitudes about others

Abstract

We propose that sharing a negative—as compared to a positive—attitude about a third party is particularly effective in promoting closeness between people. Findings from two survey studies and an experiment support this idea. In Studies 1 and 2, participants’ open-ended responses revealed a tendency to recall sharing with their closest friends more negative than positive attitudes about other people. Study 3 established that discovering a shared negative attitude about a target person predicted liking for a stranger more strongly than discovering a shared positive attitude (but only when attitudes were weak). Presumably, sharing negative attitudes is alluring because it establishes in-group/out-group boundaries, boosts self-esteem, and conveys highly diagnostic information about attitude-holders. Despite the apparent ubiquity of this effect, participants seemed unaware of it. Instead, they asserted that sharing positive attitudes about others would be particularly effective in promoting closeness.

Hmm, nearly. I'm not sure itf that's the same report I read of recently that proposes that people/couoles are more likely to from a relationship through discussing negative issues that positive one. Reads like it probably is. I don't think it's quite the same as some of the more offensive negativity that goes on in a forum though. :?

Um, yes it is the same study... I guess we both read that BBC Focus magazine, haha. I don't see how it wouldn't be relevant outside romantic relationships, after all, friendships are also a close bonding. Perhaps the really horrible remarks written in some forums are just really overly strong attempts at making friends? :lol:

I dont dislike anyone on here really, just think that they say some strange things, as do I. But could it be the type of person, one who can shout but feels sad about doing it...but bonds will be formed, and folk will get to know each other, even through argument. And could respect each others views as well as comment on them..not always practiced but worth the practice.