Tesco Direct

Peerie Tr00ker

Stupid grotesquecos won't let me access one of their websites. Asked for me to enter the postcode and plonks up something along the lines of "sorry, we do not deliver in your area".

All I wanted to do was check the price of something online!

Simple answer. Insert any old postcode although probably best to use a real one. Then if their price is unbeatable you can try finding out how to get them to deliver to you.

Stupid grotesquecos won't let me access one of their websites. Asked for me to enter the postcode and plonks up something along the lines of "sorry, we do not deliver in your area".

All I wanted to do was check the price of something online!

Simple answer. Insert any old postcode although probably best to use a real one. Then if their price is unbeatable you can try finding out how to get them to deliver to you.

Silly me! Why didn't I think of that at the time? Ta very much!

baring in mind that most folks buy from the internet and lots buy from asda,tesco direct and all the others. yes it would be great to support local shops but we can't afford the prices.

if i buy £35 plus trainers and they last two months and if i buy a pair fo £8 and they last 6 months were would you buy the next pair from.

I can fully understand....

I remember a certain shop used to put their own price tag on top of manufacturers price printed on packet and nationally advertised...but then stuff only seemed a few pennies dearer...

Though from past experience too, some suppliers seem to sit back on their higher prices cos they know there are still folk who do not trust the tinternet for purchases..

I think once revenue starts to drop and shop owners realise, it may level out....

But, there is too the personal side, a face and a place you can go straight back to if things are wrong...

Phoned Tesco Direct today, siad that they do not deliver to the store in Lerwick and to post would be £15.00....

No I wanted to order a kitchen bin which was £10.00 and a door mat which was £3.95

Argos (Via their office at Holmesgarth in Lerwick) 6.95 for multiple items (more for furniture though).

baring in mind that most folks buy from the internet and lots buy from asda,tesco direct and all the others. yes it would be great to support local shops but we can't afford the prices.

if i buy £35 plus trainers and they last two months and if i buy a pair fo £8 and they last 6 months were would you buy the next pair from.

If I buy milk, bread, eggs, some fresh veg, some fish, a bit of raw chicken and such like on the internet, I would definitely be better off buying from my local shop, because a) I can't and B) without special, expensive, packaging it would all be spoilt by the time it got here. That is what I mean by "the local shops are suffering."

Because people living in rural areas are driving to Lerwick, buying stuff from Tesco and driving home again with enough food for the week, bar a pint of milk or so.

It was a response to a claim higher up the thread. Nothing to do with mail order trainers really.

I'm going to be no help here at all, but what the hell....

I do 90+% of my grocery shopping in local shops, I would do 99+%, but strangely enough the products that would hike it from 90+% to 99+% all my local shops stopped stocking the brands I used to buy, just before Tesco opened. :?: The management(s) have been enquired of, but so far all that has resulted in vague non-committal responses and no action.

I was probably the only sod that bought those particular brands, and they're they're hoping I'll cave and buy their other brands.... :evil:

If my local shops would again stock the above mentioned brands it would leave just one product that I might still buy from Tescos....toilet paper.....could there be a message in that fact somewhere. :twisted:

Guest Anonymous
Phoned Tesco Direct today, siad that they do not deliver to the store in Lerwick and to post would be £15.00....

No I wanted to order a kitchen bin which was £10.00 and a door mat which was £3.95

Argos (Via their office at Holmesgarth in Lerwick) 6.95 for multiple items (more for furniture though).

Thank you did not know about that...cheers