Specsavers?

sleepychef

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CyprusPluto

These large companies obviously see something worthwhile in Shetland.

The future of the local economy must be better than the Councillors and SIC would have us believe

I have been made aware today, that a local electrical retailer has had extensive talks with an electrical conglomerate from the UK mainland, and is potentially close to doing a deal for their whole retail and service outlet!!!

Is this true ro is it the usual Shetland chinese whispers? I did hear in the pub last week that either Curry's or Comet, can't remember which were up looking at the Smith & Harper building.

These large companies obviously see something worthwhile in Shetland.

The future of the local economy must be better than the Councillors and SIC would have us believe

I don't think so.

More to do with cash rich nationals with spare dosh looking to take a punt rather than give it to the taxman. They've done the majority of UK potential locations and are now looking at what else they can do.

I did hear in the pub last week that either Curry's or Comet, can't remember which were up looking at the Smith & Harper building.

But surely no one up here would put up with the prices & service? Actually after thinking how fond folk are up here of their hp maybe they'd be perfect.

Guest CyprusPluto
One thing ill say for the "big" companies coming to shetland, they open 7 days and provide jobs on an equal standard. there are STILL shops that close on wedensday!!

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...