B&Q

Peerie Tr00ker

We have had two kitchens from them . One in old house one in new . There were a few minor problems but were corrected pronto . We had bathroom from Homebase despite being told it would be delivered in 6 weeks we waited 5 months they were c... to deal with so dont go with them . Still parts missing !

Ours is lasting even now after 4 odd years. Door hinges on our model a slight issue as need tightening constantly now

This is a typo for 14 - right?

We actually paid a company to install our kitchen 20 years ago as couldn't face the length of time it would take to do it ourselves with us both working and a baby. Baby is now 21 and the kitchen still looks absolutely fine apart from where we scorched a cupboard door shifting a candelabra off the table at a particularly merry supper party involving a bunch of Spaniards. It's Rational and was probably well worth the money given that we were not intending to move.

But in terms of B&Q stuff - 6 years ago we bought their oak cupboard doors to fit out storage space in the back sitting room - they look brand new still. Also in spare bedroom put in sink unit and used B&Q cherry something for doors, drawers, shelving and end panel - looks smart and works well. Do it yourself though!

Sussing out what you need and collecting works fine. Ours is lasting even now after 4 odd years. Door hinges on our model a slight issue as need tightening constantly now on a couple of units, but going and getting similar generic hinges would do the trick.

How did it last on the 4 even years?

(I'll get my coat....)

:oops:

• 2 weeks later...
BUY LOCAL. yes i said it again

I would have bought local but the two sinks I could afford I did not like them as much as the one at B&Q.

I was impressed with B&Q they sent me a text 3 days before my delivery day and true to their word I got it that day.

I did buy local for my worktop & flooring though.