Are you bothered about your electricity bills?

BEAR

What is this so called Shetland Tariff all about does it exist and what is it for.If i change supplier who is responsible for repairs to meters?

I am not aware of a "Shetland Tariff". However there is what is known as a "social tariff" which in most cases is a cheaper electricity rate that is available for those that are deemed to be in fuel poverty.

If you are a Scottish Hyrdo customer this basically means that you are spending more than 10% of your household income on your energy bill.

If you call the Energy Saving Scotland advice centre on 0800 512 012 then they will be able to discuss this in more detail with you.

Without badgering the point, this advice centre is there to help you with all energy related matters and is a good first point of call.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Sister who lives in a council house, And which has a card meter installed.

Had the hydro, around in November last year, to put the price up.

Then in January this year, she got a letter from them, saying “that they would be around to take the price back down again, in a few weeks time†Well ! she is still waiting for them.

They are very fast when it comes to putting up the price. But I’m quite sure you could start building the new AHS, and finish it. Before they get around to putting the price back down again

I was just seeing on the news that electricity bills and energy prices could go up as 60% in the next few years............WTF...........we're barely managing to cope as it is!!!!!!!!!

IM RAGING, where do they think that we are going to find this money???

Im going to stand on the steps of my post office and start a revolution..........I've had it.

^^^

Agree. It's bl***y disgraceful.

And I'm sure you've heard the recent news that, by 2015 or so, we can expect "rolling brownouts" (in the 70s we called them "power cuts") because our "efficient" private energy firms are too busy channeling money out of the UK populace into their (mainly foreign) shareholders' pockets to spend any of it on replacing our decaying power stations and infrastructure. So you'll be paying 60% extra for less actual energy.

In fact, you're right. Revolution now!

In fact, you're right. Revolution now!

I'd be amazed that there'd be enough people left - at the moment - to start a revolution. Too many are living in the government prescribed soma that is today's society!

The miners strikes were the last 'real' battle - and see what 'they' did to 'people power' afterwards!

Anyway - BEAR can you not just phone up your 'wanted' new supplier and they basically do all the running? I'm sure that's what we did years ago. I will say that the 'grass is never greener' when it comes to energy suppliers - there's always some hidden something or a negative against your last. Even if you perceive or gain a positive from your current.

[edit]

Which to my mind makes me question Cameron's recent speech about 'giving more power to the people'! He ain't singing no RATM! (t'was the f'in conservatives that drew us down this line anyroad!)

The trouble with revolutions is you can get very dizzy..

Trout is correct, find a supplier, do the deal, they send you a form, you complete it and tis done.

You will get a final bill from your existing supplier, and probably shafted as much by your futor suppler..

The eco ones are the ones to go with, some will even give you a remote demand meter so you can see how much you are using ar any one time,,

If it wasn't for the Conservatives policy, I would have finally completed my appreticeship, become an engineer and be looking at retiring in 6 years or so.