• Greens
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • BNP

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the comments on the Guardian said something I hadn't even thought about.

"Lets face it, this show is just screaming out for a heavyweight like George Galloway..."

Much as you want to disagree with some of what GG does, he is a fantastic speaker and would have made Griffin squeal.

The whole hype over the BNP on question time will hopefully subside now , I think Nick Griffin did a wonderful job in demonstrating what a bunch of vile gits that he and his party are .

How ever who are really winning out of the irrelavant side show of fringe nutters .

Well firstly all our main stream politicians , getting a good chance to show look how good we are are compared to them ....... never mind the expenses scandal , the war in Afghanistan , huge unemployment , a near bankrupt country , the posties on strike , a screwed up energy policy etc , etc .

Oh yes and also Fred Goodwin and co and all the other scum at the top of the capitalist tree , the bonus train is about to roll out of the station again !

I am firmly convinced we live in the age of being spoon fed dis-information to keep us all subdued .

Its the rich that get the pleasure and the poor that gets the blame .

Oh yes and now Malachy is going to start defining sanity !

Were all doomed !!

yes I am nuts , but I wouldn't have it any other way .................

QT just seemed to be the bash the BNP show, it was a panel and chairman ganging up on Nick Griffon and shouting none stop ect. The whole show seemed to be about the BNP. I thought fair enough at the start but wanted the normal questions later on like normal question time.

Plus I wonder how different the audiance would have been if it had been filmed in the midlands or the north of england.

Straw game with utter guff when asked about immigration. the Conservative woman seemed the only person who was any good on the panel and came with some sense.

Nick Griffin had a good line, which Jack Straw had no answer when they were speaking about Churchill, was to point out that whilst his own father had served in the RAF, Straw’s father served jail time for refusing to fight fascism!

I am firmly convinced we live in the age of being spoon fed dis-information to keep us all subdued.

Always been this way.

who are really winning out of the irrelavant side show of fringe nutters .

Well firstly all our main stream politicians , getting a good chance to show look how good we are are compared to them

A good point and one overshadowed by the appearance of the pantomime bad guy Griffin, (not that his agenda isn't a very real problem) while the likes of Jack Straw gets a chance to parade across our screens as the white knight, in the usual tournament of lies.

I wont be voting for any of the above. Democracy; if it ever really existed, has been long cast aside for the long game.

The Bilderberg Group cast their vote and all others are irrelevant, as the media casts its softly spoken spell over the masses to grease the slippery slope to getting David Cameron in place and before you know it, human rights acts and the like are removed from view.

Here come the drums, here come the drums.

One of the comments on the Guardian said something I hadn't even thought about.

"Lets face it, this show is just screaming out for a heavyweight like George Galloway..."

Much as you want to disagree with some of what GG does, he is a fantastic speaker and would have made Griffin squeal.

Completely agree. I was dissapointed with the show. There was a perfect opportunity to disect Griffin and the BNP intelligently and instead it was wasted on tabloid level quotations etc for which he would obviously have expected and been prepared for.

Perhaps they gave him a relatively easy time, a crowd pleaser if you will, to lull him into an appearance in future where some deeper debate can take place, perhaps once they have published their revised constitution.

Dont rise to partans comments....would be folly to entertain such comments, or react to them, just inflamitory posting...generally the IP adresses are logged by these sort of forums, automatically.

IP addresses are irrelevant in this matter, you suggesting this person should be found out and banned or something?

Comes to personal views, noone is wrong, they can't be wrong You can only be wrong if you suggest someone doesn't have the right to express their own personal opinion, and I hope this doesn't change.

Just for records...I'm Liberal!

Nick Griffin had a good line, which Jack Straw had no answer when they were speaking about Churchill, was to point out that whilst his own father had served in the RAF, Straw’s father served jail time for refusing to fight fascism!

I didn't think that was a good line. It was irrelevant and deliberately intended to be hurtful rather than respond to the actual point. It got a boo from the audience and quite rightly so. The actions of one's parents have no relevance.

I didn't think that was a good line. It was irrelevant and deliberately intended to be hurtful rather than respond to the actual point. It got a boo from the audience and quite rightly so. The actions of one's parents have no relevance.

Like father like son? As while Jack Straw was at Brentwood he opted out of the compulsory CCF (combined cadet force) on conscientious grounds.

If more people had been like his spineless father then we would have lost the war. It seems his ideals rubbed on to his son, thats the point Griffon was getting at. Straw was a communist and most folk seem to forget they killed and caused far more misery than any facists.

Griffin and his supporters are a joke. Several times this week I've heard the man claim to be telling jokes when questioned about his views and then use the excuse that he's had a hard days' questioning. If that is his peak operational capacity, then he's rubbish.

Oh, and by the way, the holocuast did happen. I've spoken to people who were there, and who it happened to affect. Probably better evidence than a load of frothy sputum put about on the interweb by nutters.

look at all da murders, rapes, and especially bombings 98% of it all is done by non british origin dilinquants.

Hi sheepshagger. 98%? Really!? What utter nonsense.

all i have to say is me and all my family will be voting BNP and all my friends will be doing the same roll on the BNP for election.

Sounds like they don't have much choice in the matter. What an inspiration you must be to them.

get the bad people out and let the british do the jobs as they should be able to, not the way it is just now with all the immigrants getting jobs and houses handed to them and the people who have a right to be here cant get nothing.

"Can't get nothing"? So they can get something then. Awesome!

good luck to the bnp.

They'll need it in buckets with folk like you supporting them.

Bye sheepshagger.

Now, as for NG on the show... He came across as out of his depth and class. A fawning man with nothing of any merit to say for his party. I'm shocked :wink: I can't imagine the BNP members being particularly impressed with such a weak performance and the others running circles round him.

The "my dad's better than your dad" guff was utterly brilliant. Shameful and extremely spineless... but it showed his true colours from early on.

I actually thought that was one of Griffins more clever moves as he clearly knew what the reaction would be, but despite that, the next audience member (the black fellow in the front row with suit and glasses) went on to say his parents fought for Britain, which drew a cheer, but also made it look like he had more in common with Griffin then Straw.

There is an excellent parody HERE that really says it all.

Maybe next time.