• UKIP
    • SNP
    • BNP

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do I think..?

I think that the postie was doing his job.

No point in "how dare you" type righteous indignation type comments unless, of course, you would like said postie to start censoring your mail.

I which case, you had better start voting BNP..

:twisted:

We still live under a thin veneer of democracy and, like it or not, the BNP is entitled to take a position and canvas your support for it.

FWIW;

I got one as well and gave it a quick once over.. Only comment I can make is that it was to stiff and glossy for the only thing I could think to use it for.

We live in a democracy and any political party is entitled to ask for my vote and that includes the ones I am never going to vote for like the BNP. In fact it is dangerous to write off the BNP as a lot of what they say is being listened to by people who are not yet racist but who certainly feel that in some respects British people are getting a raw deal compared to immigrants.

A bit like the social housing issue in Shetland where a lot of people believe that people from the south can drive off the ferry, be at the housing office when it opens and have the keys by lunchtime. Probably only true in a very few cases but when it happens with UK immigrants nationally it is very much the sort of thing the BNP can talk up into votes.

How dare the Postie put this through my door!! I was totally disgusted and annoyed that these tossers even have the gaul to leaflet Shetland. What do you think?

Not had one of those yet, I felt the same way when Labour posted one through my letter box.

Let them waste their time and money on this thing which will not work, at least they're not doing anything which will impact on peolple who actually have a brain.

Having said that, are we not living in a world where folk are still arguing over the validity of different religious pamphlets?

I shall politely ask my most excellent postman to return to sender, thangyewverymuch.

I've still not got mine but would like to have a look at 1!! I'd maybe still have my job if the immigrants were not here but then again i'd not have a job as there wouldn't be the housing need they put shetland under by being here!! There here in a win win situation but if the tables were turned & i went to there country i wouldn't get a pot 2 piss in let alone dole money & nhs sevices for me & my family!! Its all WRONG WRONG WRONG!! Now can i have a leaflet please mr postie......

Oh dear, they're at it again. I remember a similar furore about five years ago where their leaflet tried to declare that 'the majority of racist attacks are carried out against white people'. It worries me greatly and makes me wonder where these idiots get their statistics from.

If I get one through my door down here it goes straight in the bin.

So far I have got my leaflet so I had a quick look at their website. Well even on google I found this "The British National Party is the only party which opposes mass immigration and surrender to the European Union." which is worrying because I, as a sort of left leaning liberal, oppose mass immigration and I certainly do not want us to surrender to the European Union.

Of course I am in favour of reasonable controlled immigration based partly on the needs of immigrants and partly on the needs of the UK and I want to see Britain being an active member of the European Union and one which fights against nonsense like the Common Fisheries Policy. But if I did not know better I could easily think that the BNP stood for much the same.

^ The UKIP opposes mass immigration and the EU. Thats the 1st lie of the BNP... or was that 1,000,001st?

There's a discussion on the BNP already on the website:

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=581

The BNP should be allowed to canvass just like any party. If we allow the existence of such ludicrous parties as the Christian People's Party then we should allow the BNP. Its all or nothing.

^^^

It depends on your definition of rasist attacks, I can see it, but the majority of those racist attacks on "whites", would be by whites themselves, anti-easterneuropean, antisemitism, antienglish, sectarianism etc.

I've still not got mine but would like to have a look at 1!! I'd maybe still have my job if the immigrants were not here but then again i'd not have a job as there wouldn't be the housing need they put shetland under by being here!! There here in a win win situation but if the tables were turned & i went to there country i wouldn't get a pot 2 piss in let alone dole money & nhs sevices for me & my family!! Its all WRONG WRONG WRONG!! Now can i have a leaflet please mr postie......

Roger looking at your past posts you state that you English (just like me). You object to immigrants moving here getting jobs and housing plus health and benefits.

Your an immigrant to Shetland, you've taken a Shetlanders home and job.

First An immigrant from an EU country has the same rights to health and social benefits as a native. So if you went to Poland you would be entitled to the same benefits as a local Pole. So are you asking that the benefit levels are cut to the Polish levels. Coming in from outside there is no automatic right to benefits etc.

I am pleased that the true Shetlander does not have this attitude.

If a Pole or anyone else has taken your job then look at your employer their the ones who have taken your job.

After five years in Lithuania, where I have been made to feel more than welcome in every respect including health care and work, I am looking forward to a return to Shetland with my family in July and I hope my Lithuanian welcome will be reciprocated. Where did you work by the way? We may come looking for jobs. :twisted: