Poland have the right idea how to deal with paedophiles

Styles

Poland approves forcible castration for paedophiles

Poland's parliament has approved a law making chemical castration obligatory for convicted paedophiles and perpetrators of incest, sparking criticism from human rights groups.

Under the law, sponsored by Poland's centre-Right government, paedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison.

"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said in a statement.

But the move drew criticism from human rights groups.

"Introducing any mandatory treatment raises doubts as such a requirement is never reasonable and life can always produce cases that lawmakers could never have even dreamt of," said Piotr Kladoczny from the Helsinki Foundation of Human Rights.

The law was approved by an overwhelming majority of 400 with one vote against and two abstentions in Poland's 460-seat lower house of parliament.

The bill, which also increases prison sentences for rape and incest, must still be approved by the upper chamber of parliament. But this is seen as a formality as Prime Minister Donald Tusk's Civic Platform party holds a majority of its 100 seats.

Mr Tusk first raised the controversial issue of chemical castration for convicted paedophiles in a year ago, after a 45-year-old man was charged with having raped and held his 21-year-old daughter captive for six years.

The young woman gave birth to two children, in 2005 and 2007, allegedly the result of having been raped by her father.

"I want ... to introduce in Poland the most rigorous law possible regarding criminals who rape children," Mr Tusk said at the time.

Seven hundred cases of paedophilia are reported to police in Poland each year, according to justice officials.

Poland's southern EU neighbour, the Czech Republic, has voluntary chemical and surgical castration laws in place for sex offenders.

Since 2000, around 300 Czech patients have undergone chemical castration, with around 94 undergoing the surgical removal of genitalia on a voluntary basis, according to Czech government statistics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/6232530/Poland-approves-forcible-castration-for-paedophiles.html

The UK should introduce this as well, good on Poland.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would use them and other criminals to test new drugs, as they would actually be paying for their crimes then by helping all mankind find a cure to cancer etc.

But Poland are doing the right thing as its currently used in the Czech republic but i think its voluntary there, but those that have it have nearly a zero percent of reofending while the level of reofending with those that dont is very high.

As skunnered said human rights should be a privilege, if you do not live within the rules then you should be stripped of this right.

Guest posiedon

Some knee jerk posts on this thread I think, while I hold no truck for child abusers, (I think all Catholic priests who take a vow of celibacy should all be castrated) just in case.

Let's not forget about Alan Turing the mathematical genius who cracked the enigma code and was instrumental in Britain winning WW11.

He was persecuted and chemically castrated for the "crime" of having sex with a 19 year old male, (the age of consent at the time was 21) He consequently commited suicide at the age of 42, the loss of a brilliant mind for something that now wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

Oh and did you know? The Vatican city (all male population)

(population, folk registered as citizens, not just Italians going in daily to work) ]Has the lowest age of consent in Europe at 12. I wonder why that is?

Your human rights are not a privilige....they are a right, the clue is in the title...

That is why we have a system around that, hence we are seen to be a good nation, fair and somewhat unbiased...

If that option were that good and relyable, then y is it not more widespread...

We need to find a route cause for common offences so they can be actioned on...

The chemical castration, will perhaps remove sexual feelings or wants, if you don't then buy testosterone on the black market, but does not always remove the wanting to harm.

Are they really Styles? You talk crap sorry!! Have you never Googled that they eat dead foetuses?... And maybe cram in a dead baby or too...

How to cook a cat... Keep it in a cage for months on end.. The peerie puss gets whacked over the head and gets dropped into boiling water.. most are not unconscious when they meet their end..... Not forgetting dogs and anything else that has a pulse!! :twisted:

BEAR fARMS ... another story!! For another day!!

Not forgetting the Chinese attrocities on their own people.. Wow..

What a culture to be proud of?

As for paedophiles castrate them accordingly!!

I am all for it but there are a lot of people out there accused and villified for the wrong reasons. The word "Paedophile" is too common a word now.

It reminds me of the Witch hunts of times gone by!!

Are they really Styles? You talk crap sorry!! Have you never Googled that they eat dead foetuses?... And maybe cram in a dead baby or too...

How to cook a cat... Keep it in a cage for months on end.. The peerie puss gets whacked over the head and gets dropped into boiling water.. most are not unconscious when they meet their end..... Not forgetting dogs and anything else that has a pulse!! :twisted:

BEAR fARMS ... another story!! For another day!!

Not forgetting the Chinese attrocities on their own people.. Wow..

What a culture to be proud of?

As for paedophiles castrate them accordingly!!

I am all for it but there are a lot of people out there accused and villified for the wrong reasons. The word "Paedophile" is too common a word now.

It reminds me of the Witch hunts of times gone by!!

They are lucky that they are small built so a cat can feed them.

We cannot compare too much, when you think of our differences, but we do need to watch the creed/race references and keep them +ve.

It could be said that we have lifted ourselves above widespread poverty as is evident in China, but it is a huge country.

They have a different style of politics, whereas we have a 4/5 year pland depending on party politics and public objections, the Chinese have plans over 100 years, so small little things that would throw a government here are seen as a small blip..

We therefore cannot really compare.

There are many case of wrongful accusations onn folks leading to deathe or assaults, vandalism and the ruining of lives through rumours..

Some of which I have seen started for another reason and is one that will envoke the most violent reaction, tis a case of revenge or jealously by someone else to hide the roumour spreaders wrong doing..

That is why we need a proper means of adjudication, and not just the will of the masses....

It is too easy to wrongly accuse and punnish only to find out later there were other factors.

There have also been cases of yunguns latching on to the fact that they can make such a complaint and ruin someone, as we know, yunguns do not always think too far ahead or cannot see all the ramifications except their immediate need to divert attention, I am not saying that this is the norm, but a full and proper investigation will be required by folk who can divorce themselves from the emotional side that could by hype be so easy become a lynch mob..

Let's not forget about Alan Turing the mathematical genius who cracked the enigma code and was instrumental in Britain winning WW11.

He was persecuted and chemically castrated for the "crime" of having sex with a 19 year old male, (the age of consent at the time was 21) He consequently commited suicide at the age of 42, the loss of a brilliant mind for something that now wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

Alan Touring commited suicide in 1954. Homosexual acts between those aged 21 and over were only legalised in 1967.

Many gay men were "treated" in the same way as Alan Turing - given powerful drugs or electric shocks to "cure" them of their homosexuality.

But the talented scientist was not the only victim of Britain's repressive anti-gay laws.

In 1962, Army captain Billy Clegg-Hill died during medically-supervised "aversion therapy", prescribed by a judge following his arrest for homosexual offences.

Like Alan Turing, Mr Clegg-Hill was given the choice of prison or "therapy" conducted by doctors who believed homosexuality was a treatable disease.

I'm not going to get involved in this thread because as Poseidon pointed out, lots of knee-jerk reactions and such.

I would just recommend everyone to watch Louis Theroux's A Place For Paedophiles documentary on the iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k3ms6/Louis_Theroux_A_Place_for_Paedophiles/

• 1 year later...

The life of their victims is often utterly ruined to the point of killing themselves. At the very least it takes many years and often half a lifetime to start recovering from the effects on the mental and emotional developement inflicted by such abuse. It would be fair to say a lot of survivors never get over it but just learn to live with the damage.

So personally speaking I would see pedophiles burning in hell but in the mean time castration would be a step in the right direction along with much longer prison sentences

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: