New Instrument

ArabiaTerra

Well, it's a strange and wondrous thing all right. It looks like a more-than-usually sophisticated, guitaroid synthesiser interface, judging from the sounds the musicians were making.

Even tho' I'm an electronics enthusiast, I have reservations about how well any of these things will age. F'rinstance, go back about a century and think about the Theremin, or the ondes Martenot. You don't see many (any?) ondes Martenot outside of Messiaen's music, and I for one would not fancy my chances if someone asked me if I could find some new early-twentieth-century radio valves for his Theremin. If you base your new instrument on wood and metal and other low-tech materials, though, like traditional instruments, it would be repairable and playable pretty much indefinitely.

Quite impressed, but I'll not be buying one. Even though I do have a CD of Theremin music, and a couple of recordings of Messiaen's Turangalila Symphony. :D