help! meter running low.

kittybee

normally I'd say spar or coop south (it was part of their core values thingy)

have you tried phoning brucefield?

Failing those if you phone the hydro and manage to get a person they'll talk you through getting emergency, emergency credit (lots of button pressing) or advice of the closest place you can get tokens.

Is everyone not supposed to have been upgraded to the dongles rather than tokens? Or has Hydro engineers not reached Shetland yet?

I got into trouble from our local Spar shop here in Aberdeen one day as I was trying to buy tokens and they had stopped selling them in favour of the new dongles.

Nowhere will be selling them soon I've been told...they want us all to get a new meter installed and work with a credit key thingy, costs a fortune to get the meter switched over though!!

We just had ours done. It's all organised by the Hydro and costs nothing.

They can't stop selling tokens until all meters have been changed across and as no meter is currently available for customers with storage heating and electric on their meter, its going to be a while before they stop selling them.

What do you mean? We have the standard twin tariff storage heating setup and there are 3 to choose from when you get them put in.

It is a real pain having to remember to take the key with you though. Classic example of fixing something that wasn't broken..

My sister had the guy along changing the settings to, he told her she had been paying to much for some time. But no word of any refund. And being in a council house not a lot of chance the new style of meter being put in any time soon. O! in this day and age why not have the meter connected by phone line. Then some could top up on line if they wanted. That would be handy for anyone who was disabled

Does nobody else just mail the Hydro a cheque every quarter to pay for their electric any more?

Seems to me all this buying tokens from wherever and having to have settings changed is an endless hassle, and a whole lot more work than just writing out and mailing four cheques in a year. Where's the advantage(s) in it all (other than to the Hydro, who are getting their hands on your money before you use the power, rather than up to 3 months after you have)?

Folk got sucked into this as a way to budget better. Some were put onto it to pay back debts..

The Electricity companies constantly charge more fore getting the cash up front.

The token thing does supprise me, years ago we used a stick that would/could be charged with cash and put onto the meter.

Now I know it is cards.

As for waiting months and months, it is very supprising, as the meters are constantly being fitted/changed.

The token meter reminds me of my grandad putting so much money on his meter (50p pieces) that they had to come out to mt it.

It would only take a couple of you to write to the paper/ombudsman

http://www.energy-ombudsman.org.uk/

What some of you folk are saying is that you are being treated like you are just an inconvienience, wholey wrong..

PM each other, meet up, make a stand..and remove a little stress from your life, booger the share holders.

We pay quarterly, but no cheques, electronic transfer, full control.

When you rent a council house You get what ever meter the council had put in

if you want it changed you pay for it your self and reinstate the old system when you leave

And the council house I have has the pre paid meter out side. So you have to stand in the wind and pissing rain to top it up. Only the council got make such a balls up of something so simple, as usual