Somerfield

When this mob took over from Morrisons it was the better of the two supermarkets in Town. In recent weeks the CO-OP has hit back with its £10 off coupons in the weekly rag.

Somerfield has failed to respond and I feel there prices are are a tad on the high side but significantly they have stopped dishing out "discount vouchers" at the checkout.

I've seen my weekly shopping go up by about £15 a week at Somerfield so it's time for the Peacock family to head to the co-op.......ta ta Somerfield, see ya when you get your act together :wink:

I work at Somerfield and I agree - the prices are the highest they've ever been over any company thats been there, but the food is the best quality out of all.

I really despise Co-Op. Its dingy, dimly lit- with hardly any natural light in it, the people look like they're about to either; die of boredom or die of loniless or about to claim their pension. By the by - the coffee shop isn't Co-op, its Sumburgh Hotel, just before anyone says "I love the Co-Op coffee shop" :wink:

JAStewart wrote

I really despise Co-Op. Its dingy, dimly lit- with hardly any natural light in it, the people look like they're about to either; die of boredom or die of loniless or about to claim their pension.

Well I used to work at the Co-Op and I think that is a fair comment. Somerfield, and indeed Morrison and Safeway offered a bright welcoming store which I guess is better for staff and customers. Not sure I agree about the prices though. Seem good to me but perhaps I just buy things on special offer.