Shetlands most capped player?

Dusty Rhodes

Probably quite a hard question to answer due to the changing calender of football that the Shetland team has now. I would imagine that the most appearance and goals would come from someone within the last 10-15 years as there are far more opportunities to play games.

As far as inter county appearances go the Jim Peterson's books shows that Robbie Leask has made the most appearances though there was an error in this as Scalloway goalkeeper Terry Johnson wasn't credited with an appearance which he did make which would put him on the same number of appearances.

I would imagine the most capped player is probably Peter Peterson, although James Johnstone won't be far behind. The quantity of games involved in an inter island games tournament means it will be a player in the last 10-15 years.

Top goalscorer in inter county games is Bert Sinclair with 13, however I would imagine Michael Williamson will be overall top scorer as he played more games and usualy scored.

Berts Record in Countys is outstanding 1959 Junior County 3 goals, 1960 Junior County 8 goals, 1961 Senior County 3 goals, 1962 3 goals, 1963 5 goals. Not selected in 1964 before emigrated, he returned in the 70s and added a couple more County goals.

Presumably you are referring to competitive games only, which used to be only the inter-county or before that the matches with Faroe.

In recently years you would need to base the figures on: Intercounty, Inter-island games; and the two competive matches in the Highland Cup against Fort William and Cove. Anything else would laekly be classed as a friendly, even though occasionally there may be a trophy at stake for a one-off game, such as Wester Isles.

I would say Peter Peterson is maybe a good shout.

How about cranking it up a level In 1990 Faroe demanded that the Shetland/Faroe game was given Inter-national status, therefore these guys with 1 inter-national cap are equal in terms of highest caps.

John Johnson, Richie Smith, Gary Nicolson, Alex watt, Robert Leask, George Leask, Neil Gray, Kenny Malcolmson, Michael Williamson, Nigel Lewellewn, Robbie Scott, Gerry Kierney.