Is Shetland Gay Friendy?

jamlar

Guest Anonymous
[quote name="cojones66

Just some frends of mine (who are gay and are not camp/girlie gay) had some bad experiences in shops/pubs when they came here' date='

One was in a pub and a group said 'I hate f*** queers, the other one said yes me too the worse are f**** English Queers the rest was really explicit.

My friends were with their 14 year old niece and the comments they got reallly upset her and spoilt their holiday.[/quote]

I am intrigued as to how strangers in a pub would know you friends were Gay? It would appear that these were 'two blokes in a pub with a girl' - what would lead anyone to assume they were Gay?

It was probably......'Would you like a beer, dear?'

Dear at the end of a sentence is what they normally say to each

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tink dat shetland should git its act tgidder as i am gay an i am very offended that people would like to slag us aff!!!

I MEAN WE ARE ALL THE SAME BUT THE ONLY THING DIFFERENT ABOUT US IS THAT WE LIKE MEN!!! OR IN SOME CASES FOR WOMEN THEY LIKE WOMEN OMG!!!

so if anyone thinks that the gay community is a bad thing then write to me back on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait for ur replys

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/daffyd-poster-little.jpg

look daffyd sorry billy no one is being homophobic.

we all have friends or family who are gay.

so why are your sexual preferance needs airing i don't know. yet saying that i really don't enjoy reading about others activities at 2 in the morning either. sex is private lets keep it so. and no shetland is just as friendly as any other small community.

I am sorry but i think that people should stop judging a book by its cover PLEASE we deserve to be treated like any idder person

Why exactly have you decided to be so aggressive in a forum that seems to be very supportive of the individuals right to choose their own sexuality? I think most folk here have stated that anyone's sexuality makes no odds and you round specifically on an individual that actually stated he/she (sorry Mudplugger I don't know and I haven't looked it up) doesn't regard sexuality as an issue?

I think perhaps a little bit of a chill and a re-read might be in order. No-one here is being anti-gay.

• 3 weeks later...

I experienced my first bit of (attempted) homophobia ever on Shetland this week. I was filling the car with "go" juice, there was one other car on the forecourt which had just paid for their petrol and was in the process of driving off when a wee gobs***e voice (female) shouted "oh look a dirty gay man, better stay away from me" at which point the driver put his foot down heavy on the pedal and tore a**e away from the petrol station.

Now I feel that education is required if this (child) is to reach it's latter years.

A.. Sex education.

B.. Manners!.

As for how it has affected me, well it hasn't apart from that I feel the driver should have stopped and made the "troll" appologise!

i never could figure out the schemie/Ned thing where teenage girls can be so anti gay.

Was in one youth club discussing a night out at CC's, when one of the local slappers (15 with 2 kids) started objecting. Apparently all gay men are disgusting, she never wanted to be left alone with one. So we tried to do a bit of the bees and the bees with her. But no she was still adimant that no gay man was ever going to touch her, we did manage to get out of her that what gay men did in the bedroom was disgusting, didn't seem to matter that she was unlikely ever to be asked to watch.

Anyway after that found it was a common feeling with girls in the more deprived areas. Often with the fear that gay men could do something nasty to them and were after their fair white bodies (lack of sex education in the schools?).

Getting back to the original lass she apparently had no fear of Lesbians, either that or not bright enough to put 2 and 2 together.

:lol: That's a priceless presumption poseidon. They may have just been idiots, plain and simple! :wink:

It is not only religious people who can be bigoted or prejudiced.

Some may well be, but some may also be gay. :wink:

And not all religious people are bigoted or prejudiced either.

i think you would find that the girl has never been to any church.

i wonder why some feel the need to hammer other beliefs while trying to protect other views very odd.

those wee girls must be scare that those naughty gay men will pinch all there future children's fathers. shame that the people involved did not mention that the last thing in the world that the would do is touch them.

while on a nursing course one of the three men on the course took all his fellow students to the local gay pub and there he informed us he was gay. the shocking news was we all knew anyway. be yourself your real friends will still be there when you come out.