Is Shetland Gay Friendy?

jamlar

Mal, the congrats was aimed at your upcoming CP not the LGBT meeting :roll:

Although good to here the meeting went well too. :lol:

@ Bryando

Most folk up here really don't give a monkeys what your sexuality is, as it doesn't change who you are as a person. You must remember anyone who has a problem with it - the problem is theirs. :!:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just would not like to be subjected to abuse 24/7 or geting refused for what ever ie shop or that. Happened before in my area.

I can more than handle myself, however rather not be needing to ! I aint the stero typical gay guy. I am ex Army .

Making me think, which is good! .....

I know a few men and women up here who are Gay/Bi and 'out' for want of a better way of putting it. Although I am sure the occasional incidents of homophobia take place -I'd be naive if I didn't - I have never personally witnessed such an incident.

When someone moves up here, it is far more their willingness to be part of a wider community that confers acceptance on an individual than anything else.

24/7 abuse is not something I could imagine happening up here in a million years.

Shetland appears to accept sexual /religious/racial differences without the PC need to over compensate.

I just would not like to be subjected to abuse 24/7 or geting refused for what ever ie shop or that. Happened before in my area.

I've never heard of that happening here. I've always found that if your a decent person here you'll get a decent welcome. If your a plonker you may well get a ribbing. Doesn't matter a jot whether your gay, straight or have three heads. (well maybe three heads might get a second look) :)

I can more than handle myself, however rather not be needing to ! I aint the stero typical gay guy. I am ex Army .

Is there a stereo typical gay guy? Theyre just guys like the rest of us. Probably a mix of the good the bad and the ugly like you'ld find anywhere.

Making me think, which is good! .....

Yup, it is good!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have spent some time improving the functionality of the website. Unfortunately I have had to implement a new Content Management System which means that all your details have been deleted... sorry! Please take a few moments to re-register.

The improvements to the site include:

* Live Facebook style instant messaging

* Free webmail

* Improved forum

* Individual 'guestbooks' on your profiles

* Personal galleries on your profiles

There is a lot of work still to be completed, so please bear with us.

Regards,

gayshetland.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI BDH. Steven has gone on holiday and probably might not know the site is down. He was talking about doing a total rebuild of the site so perhaps that is why the site is not available.

There is a site on facebook if you are interested called Shetland Island Gay/Bi/Lesbian Group