Remembrance Day

tarhellja

Remembrance Sunday. What a lovely day for the parade that turned out in great numbers. The service at the war memorial was fine and brief, and Rev. Oliver delivered a fine sermon. He's excellent wi' da bairns. He welcomed the different organisations, including the councillors. I counted the sum total of three, as well as the worthy(!) convenor. O but Gussie was present in piping mode, so that's one more. I would have expected that more of them would have made the effort.

The Scalloway councillor would have been at the Shetland Bus Memorial Remembrance parade.

As for the rest of councillors. They May be at there own local war memorials.

Some are to busy fighting a war amongst them selves to care about anyone else. But it was a very good day. At least there is still some who have respect for those who gave there lives for others

It's just a pity that Gordon Brown has soled the memory of all the Men and Woman, who died to keep the UK from becoming a EU super state. Over the past 500 years or so. When watching the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance last night. I was hoping the Royal Marines, were going to grabbed him, and run him up the nearest flag pole, by his neck for being a traitor.

It's just a pity that Gordon Brown has soled the memory of all the Men and Woman, who died to keep the UK from becoming a EU super state. Over the past 500 years or so. When watching the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance last night. I was hoping the Royal Marines, were going to grabbed him, and run him up the nearest flag pole, by his neck for being a traitor.

Errr, wouldn't that be the very undemocratic act know as a military coup?

@PH- Tingwall memorial for the 11th hour, the Scalloway remembrance event is held at 3 in the afternoon at the Shetland Bus memorial(though I've no idea if any of the 3 councillors for the ward were at either event).

You are quite right there Njugle I had forgot about the Tingwall memorial

Errr, wouldn't that be the very undemocratic act know as a military coup?

Yes I suppose it would be a military coup. And I have no problem with that. Good god Roland Rat would be better than Gordon Brown. And what is Gordon Brown ? He was just a civilian coup. Nobody elected him. He just got the job by the idiots in the labour party. No mandate from the British people, so much for being democratic. They are only democratic when they are sure they will win. They are just a bunch of cowards. At least you cant say that about the Royal Marines. I stand by what I posted about Gordon Brown. I cant see how he can stand at the Cenotaph and honour the dead, past and present, when he has none of his own. The sooner he is unemployed the better.

A recession is when your Neighbour is unemployed

A depression is when your self are unemployed

A recovery is when Gordon Brown is unemployed

I cant see how he can stand at the Cenotaph and honour the dead, past and present, when he has none of his own.

Got to disagree with you there. I think the honouring of the dead should not be restricted to those who have been directly involved or lost direct family. Not only is Gordon Brown required to be there as Prime Minister, he should also be there as a human to respect those that fell before, as should we all. I don't think it matters whether you agree with or participated in the decisions to send these men and women into harm's way, but their actions and sacrifice should be respected.

Got to disagree with you there. I think the honouring of the dead should not be restricted to those who have been directly involved or lost direct family. Not only is Gordon Brown required to be there as Prime Minister, he should also be there as a human to respect those that fell before, as should we all.

Gordon Brown has been instrumental in sending our soldiers off to die in two pointless wars. It's like a serial killer lying flowers on the graves of his victims. In a sane world, he'd be chased away by a angry mob for daring to turn up at the Cenotaph.

• 5 months later...

×™×•× ×”×–×›×¨×•×Ÿ

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1932/israelflag.gif

22,684 fallen is the necessary price, that we did not want, the price of sovreignty in Israel, in this generation. A state is not given to the nation on a silver platter, and freedom is only given to those who are willing to defend it.

The struggle for the right 'to be a free nation in our land,' Barak said, quoting the national anthem, “comes from choosing life despite the price paid in blood for this choice. This is the fate of our generation, and building a 'model society' that will be worthy of the sacrifice of the fallen is our generation's mission and its test.

Barak finished by saying "I am sorry that I can not hug each and every one of you personally, and express my feelings, but on this day I feel close to you and identify with you, and recognize the price that is too high that you have paid for the security of Israel. "

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=173501