Good things the nazis did....

Ertieiddabanks

personally , as far as i.m concearned they did no good at all n am amazed that the moderators havent closed this thread on rememberance day, those millions of poor innocent people slaughtered , our forebearers and family
I do hope you include the millions of poor innocent Germans in your thoughts of people slaughtered. And back on topic of course there were good things done during the Nazi regime in Germany but that does not make Hitler good.

people are people whether british, german, jewish, african, romanic or ethnic minority, point being .... ?, nobody wants wars and nobody wants to die making political points , and both sides commit horrendeous acts. The nazi party may even have had policies that were very decent , but i think you will find they were reserved for a select few. (rather like post thatcher britain)

The Nazis are not the main reason we observe a 2 minute silence, the 11th November was the day hostilities ended with the Kieser and his country.

The Nazis are the reason the United Nations exist, NATO and the EU.

If there were no Nazis, where would we be now, we could be communists.

The Nazis were resposible for some quite horrific things, but please keep in mind that India suffers at the hansd of the British for years, the good folk of the Middle East were gassed by us and so on.

Every country has its past, the bigger picture is the better overall.

Posting pure sentiments would be a very bad move, an insult to those on all sides who suffered, sweeping such history under the carpet or pretending it was juast ALL bad is outragous.

The sad thing is because of the Nazi Party, all Germans were labeled as such, my experience is that they are a sweet race of folk who are extreemly industrious and pragmatic.

The space program was forwarded by them, although via missiles, which we used ourseves recently. Many medical projects were done by them, sadly using human lab rats, but that is done still today in the NHS, except most of the time we are askes of even come forward with the promise of payment.

I thought Whittle developed the jet engine we use today in Clitheroe, Lancashire...

hoosn is is good that you have taken on board some of the sentiments of the era but it does have to be balanced, should we have not continues any of the things we now use, take for granted the Nazis developed or researched, that would too become an insult to those whoe were used to forward this, I am sure you will get the picture...oh, films..many movies are now filmed by ARRI Arriflex Cameras, developed by two Nazis called Arnold and Richter, they used the technology to film many of the Nazi propaganda films. I worked with their sons, who were in Hitlers Youth, two of the nicest Nazis I have ever met.