SCAM Warning!

Frances144

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the Following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) (OR EMAILED WITH SIILAR INSTRUCTIONS OR TO SUPPLY VALIDATING INFORMATION) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 0207 239 6655.

Has that one reared it's ugly head again? There's also spam being sent thru emails just now, it seems as if a friend in your contacts has sent you an email with a link to a great website selling cheap electrical goods but it seems they are just taking the money and running. Also facebook has a virus running on it at the moment if any friends send a link don't open it! Unless you know it's absolutely genuine.

No, I haven't but I saw it on a Shetland pony website and thought I would warn folk.

I hate scammers and virus senders - the lowest form of the low, in my book. Forewarned is forearmed. My OH nearly got excited about a "tax rebate" the Inland Revenue informed him on the internet and it looked very legit but badly spelt!

I have had several calls recently where a recorded voice says "this is an important security notice from Halifax Bank. Press any key to continue. " The number calling me came up on my mobile so I went to the local Bank of Scotland to ask about it. They told me it was nothing to do with them and one of the staff took a note of the number. He came back a little while later and told me it belonged to Real Telecom. I tried ringing it later and was greeted with "thanks for calling back. press any key to continue."

The number is 0845 3312300