Low Flying Over Scalloway

GypsyScy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a noisy sausage o a ting dats for sure! i wis in quarff an could certainly hear it, but again, dir wis plenty o clood cover, so couldna see it!

wis it da sam een dat comes an pretends t land at sumburgh durin da summer, wi da big point stickin oot fae its nose? dat wis a helloa lood an aa!

... last thing that flew over head here was john coutts taking photos

I did wonder about John when reading of the low level flying. I would hope that there is some kind of communication between such entirely different kinds of air users, otherwise there could have been some "interesting" results were he snapping the castle at the time ;-)

I did wonder about John when reading of the low level flying. I would hope that there is some kind of communication between such entirely different kinds of air users, otherwise there could have been some "interesting" results were he snapping the castle at the time ;-)

There's actually no requirement for these two air users to be in radio contact with each other, or air traffic control for that matter, as they are in uncontrolled airspace. If they were a few miles south they would be in Sumburgh's control zone and would be obliged to make radio contact, but outside that it's a bit of a free-for-all. It would be a sphincther exercising moment if you were in a para-motor and you saw a Tornado hurtling towards you!

complete load of bullocks.

is it though? given the Express are talking about a story tied up in it at the moment , its easy to dismiss when its underground media but main stream media seem to at last be publishing what many know has been happening for quite some time

first link to the flu case and relevent article

http://www.theflucase.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1841%3Auk-government-got-patent-for-pneumonic-plague-vaccine-in-2009&catid=41%3Ahighlighted-news&Itemid=105&lang=en

and second to the Express

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/140492/Million-hit-by-plague-worse-than-swine-flu-

You seem to have a very stedfast faith in the 'system' Paul and I almost envy you for that, I wish I could be as trusting I certainly wouldnt be as worried about all this as I am right now...but having read so much factual info ( not so called consipracy theories ) I cant allow myself not to question whats going on here...I've got children to think of and am not entering into anything lightly where thier health is concerned. ;)

^^

I'd imagine that finding John smeared over one's windshield wouldn't be much fun for the pilot either.

I know zilch about this, but I'd hope that there is some kind of infoline where public air users can find out if Tornados are going to be in the vicinity on a particular day. Might even be an issue for kites too if the plane was so low. Some of them can now be quite large too.

There's actually no requirement for these two air users to be in radio contact with each other, or air traffic control for that matter, as they are in uncontrolled airspace. If they were a few miles south they would be in Sumburgh's control zone and would be obliged to make radio contact, but outside that it's a bit of a free-for-all. It would be a sphincther exercising moment if you were in a para-motor and you saw a Tornado hurtling towards you!

Sure it'd be within Tingwalls area would it not? Our pilots are constantly switching between Sumburgh, Tingwall, Scatsta and Scottish radar when we're flying about our business. They all comment how good the cover is up here as far as radar coverage goes, must be due to the oil traffic they reckon.

^^

I know zilch about this, but I'd hope that there is some kind of infoline where public air users can find out if Tornados are going to be in the vicinity on a particular day. Might even be an issue for kites too if the plane was so low. Some of them can now be quite large too.

Sure it'd be within Tingwalls area would it not? Our pilots are constantly switching between Sumburgh, Tingwall, Scatsta and Scottish radar when we're flying about our business. They all comment how good the cover is up here as far as radar coverage goes, must be due to the oil traffic they reckon.

There is an information system called Notams (notices to airmen) which is produced daily and does remark on any known activity that might affect flight safety, such as balloon flying, military exercises, navigation beacons that are broken, that sort of thing. The problem is that the fast jets can cover an enormous area of sky in a fairly short space of time, so it would be very difficult to say exactly where one is going to be at any one time, plus in uncontrolled airspace they tend to be radio silent a lot of the time, or talking on frequencies that civil air traffic can't tune into.

Tingwall isn't big enough to have its own traffic zone so there is no need for them to get in touch, but it anything flying near it should give them a call out of courtesy to see if there is anything to affect.

The military are notorious for doing their own thing without talking to anybody, and fair enough they have as much right to be in the sky as any civilian aircraft, but they very often see the North of Scotland as 'their' play area!