Aberdeen airport to ferry

khitajrah

Something I've yet to try, but the train from Dyce only takes about 10 minutes to get in to the Aberdeen station which is not far from the ferry.

You would presumably need to get a taxi from the airport to Dyce station though, as i'm not aware of any buses running there.

It would save crawling along that road into Aberdeen at snails pace in the rush hour.

Check the scotrail timetable for times if you wanna try it.

trains to/from dyce are very infrequent. Avoid firstbus as their buses are more expensive and slower from the Airport. Stagecoach are cheaper and more frequent, usually more comfortable too. But do check it's going to the city before you get on. All airport buses going into aberdeen stop at guild st, most (but not all) go to or near the hospital (the one that doesn't stops near AU). Cut through shopping centre to the TK MAX carpark. The traffic lights there are the nightmare ones to jamieson's quay. It's just a straight line (ish) fae there.

DO NOT IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY CATCH THE 16.55. It's packed and slow, made worse by the rush hour and it's insistance of taking the grand tour.

Something I've yet to try, but the train from Dyce only takes about 10 minutes to get in to the Aberdeen station which is not far from the ferry.

You would presumably need to get a taxi from the airport to Dyce station though, as i'm not aware of any buses running there.

It would save crawling along that road into Aberdeen at snails pace in the rush hour.

Check the scotrail timetable for times if you wanna try it.

I used the train from the City to the Airport, and was very impressed, ten mins then there is a five min feeder bus from station to Airport, think it meets every train arriving and departing.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/nescot/timetables/timetable.php?day=1&source_id=2&service=80&routeid=876151&operator=19&source=sp

• 1 month later...

Uh this is the right place for me.

We're going to take the saturday ferry from Aberdeen but want to park our car at Aberdeen airport.

We'll be 6 with quite a lot of luggage. Is there enough space in the bus or is it better to take the train?

But we don't really fancy taking a cab to the train station.

so what do you reckon is better?

Uh this is the right place for me.

We're going to take the saturday ferry from Aberdeen but want to park our car at Aberdeen airport.

We'll be 6 with quite a lot of luggage. Is there enough space in the bus or is it better to take the train?

But we don't really fancy taking a cab to the train station.

so what do you reckon is better?

I wouldn't park your car at the airports car park, stick it in one of the car parks at the other side of the airport, much cheaper. Taking the bus makes more sense than the train even though they stop at more or less the same spot in the city.