• Scalloway
    • Ness United
    • Lerwick Thistle
    • Lerwick Celtic
    • Lerwick Spurs
    • Whitedale
    • Delting
    • Whalsay

well never thought id see the day the delts couldnt field a team, surely they could of drafted in a few young guns, but probably not wanting to give them a shot incase they get beaten. so would rather just give the points away. thats a good example to set to the younger generation that they aint good enough to even have the chance to play in the A league.............

I totally agree. This is a disgrace and I'm embarrassed to be a Delt at the moment.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas when the pitches will be deemed fit and playable?

Depends on the weather as to wether or not their on or not Frank. The groundsmen seem to be taking it on a game by game basis. Our game beat the weather yesterday, but the B's game v Celtic B was off.

Cheers Penfold. Not the best of starts for you boys! just adjusting to the works league?

Whats the scipt with Delting calling off the game? did they not have enough players or where they scared of a hammering?

Cheers Penfold. Not the best of starts for you boys! just adjusting to the works league?

To be honest Frank its an entirely new team and Saturday was our second game, it was a competative match which without any disrespect to the banks we could have got a result. We are not expecting to win the league but build on the fact that we are the only club in Shetland football to have three teams at adult level and offer football to all standards of players in our catchment area, hopefully come time we will see all three of our teams work their way up their respective leagues and have some success.

i mean every other team in the isles have to play with whatever the team or quality of players they have got. think the manager needs to take a step down off of his HIGH horse lol

If I mind right Unst, Scalloway and Yell picked up fines for not fufilling fixtures last year so your statement isn't true skinny.

Does the team who isn't able to field a team have to give a reason for it?. I'm just wondering as a 2-0 defeat may have been less than they were expecting if they had to field a team of under 18's and boys who never play.

I'm no suggesting skullduggery they might have had a perfectly valid reason for not being able to field that team it just seems sensible they tell the league so that the league can make a judgement if that reason is fair.

From the constitution:

Any teams failing to fulfil a fixture on the dates fixed (unless the pitch is unplayable or

permission or postponement has been obtained from the Fixtures Secretary) shall in a League

fixture lose the points and in a cup-tie lose the tie and can be fined up to the sum of £50.00, the

said sum to be divided equally between the Association and the opposing Club. The merits of

each unfulfilled fixture will be on the agenda at the General Meeting following the said

unfulfilled fixture.

There is a meeting on Thursday so I'm sure the rep will give the reasons for not being able to field a team, these things happen sometimes in football I don't think they are on the brink of folding by any means.

i mean every other team in the isles have to play with whatever the team or quality of players they have got. think the manager needs to take a step down off of his HIGH horse lol

If I mind right Unst, Scalloway and Yell picked up fines for not fufilling fixtures last year so your statement isn't true skinny.

yeah but those teams struggled to field teams on a number of occasions but drafted in anybody to play. if i mind right yell started a game we 9 men last year... ive "heard" delting could have fielded a team but didnt because as a few folk have said, they didna want to get humped. hellish --- correct me if im wrong---

Now that the SFA are appying the player registration rules you can't just call up juniors or ex-players to make up the numbers like previous seasons, if they are not registered 48 hours before kick off they can't play.

I heard the Delts had 8 players available from their list of registered players and that included the manager. I don't know for certain that was the case but if so they had little option.

^^

Would it not be a better rule if any junior registered to a club could play in the seniors without the 48 hour rule having to be applied ?

Would it not have been better for Delting to have played the match as a friendly with ''ineligible'' juniors making up the numbers ? At least that way they could have demonstrated that they were willing to play but were being hindered by the new rules. It would also have given their fringe players a run out at senior level.