Rage Against The Machine For Christmas Number 1

Ichorus

As I've said elsewhere, the fundimental flaw in the plan is that the "song" is bloody awful. Don't you think that if someone really wanted to "win" people away from the X Factor drivel, they would back something people might actually care about or want to listen to! :roll:

Tink do should maybe o said "in my opinion" afore yun!

I tink it's an excellent tune! although kent if for dat long that it's maybe been a bit ower played.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said elsewhere, the fundimental flaw in the plan is that the "song" is bloody awful. Don't you think that if someone really wanted to "win" people away from the X Factor drivel, they would back something people might actually care about or want to listen to! :roll:

Tink do should maybe o said "in my opinion" afore yun!

I tink it's an excellent tune! although kent if for dat long that it's maybe been a bit ower played.

Well said! Spinner you are entitled to your opinion, but I, like Kevin, think it's a superb tune!

A very valid opinion JAS (I didnt put "my opinion" in front of my view, as when reading my post, that is generally what most people would expect me to be voicing :lol: ) - but at least they had the wit to release a Christmas song at christmas...

All I was trying to highlight was that if RATM does get the No1 spot, it's nothing to do with the music. The last real victory for music was when the Bob the Builder single ended the awful 6 year run of generic pop drivel in 2000.

Contrary to what some may be thinking, I do apprecite the message behind the Killing in the Name even though I don't like the music, and I think NME's Luke Lewis summed it up well :

You can't imagine Zack de la Rocha - a man so committed to leftist social activism he has worked closely with Mexico's Zapatista National Liberation Army, and once declared US Presidents should be shot as war criminals - would be too delighted to discover his howl of anti-establishment rage had been co-opted by a bunch of bored Brits on Twitter.

All we're going to find out whether TV or Social Networking has the strongest influence on the consumers of today. Whoever wins, thats really very sad.

The true number one will be whatever gets the No3 spot - my money is on the Muppets 8)

Edit :

Really cool that the band themselves are gettin ahint the campaign!

Deadly seriously Kevin, an I promise I'm not trollin despite my previous attempts at funny retort - I have read up and listened tae a bit more o Rage, an as I said, not my kind o music, but I respect the well written songs an strong political message.

So, is it no kinda sad dat dey have sold oot tae such a mindless an trivial thing?

I wid have expected far more of a, well, "F**k them, don't do what they tell you, make your own mind up" stance.

I think NME's Luke Lewis summed it up well :

You can't imagine Zack de la Rocha - a man so committed to leftist social activism he has worked closely with Mexico's Zapatista National Liberation Army, and once declared US Presidents should be shot as war criminals - would be too delighted to discover his howl of anti-establishment rage had been co-opted by a bunch of bored Brits on Twitter.

If that wis the case why wid they be supportin it and performin the song on BBC radio today? see the link I posted above..

So, is it no kinda sad dat dey have sold oot tae such a mindless an trivial thing?

I wid have expected far more of a, well, "F**k them, don't do what they tell you, make your own mind up" stance.

Possibly, but if you listen tae the reasons they're ahint it, I tink it's no so much the "chart battle" they're keen on but folk groupin together tae fight against something which is something the band have always believed in!