Rage Against The Machine For Christmas Number 1

Ichorus

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say I think it was an excellent day for the music business, as a big rage fan obviously I am slightly biased but even if it had been something else its still good to have a band who write their own music, play their own instruments and have worked their butts off at number 1.

People keep saying "Joe really deserved it" but I dont see how.....he sang a few songs on a tv show, he has a good voice but I certainly wouldn't say he's more talented than thousands of other hardworking musicians.

As much as I'm pleased at the outcome and the two fingers given to X-factor fans; the end results seem to be Sony getting a double win, Simon (bloody) Cowel, getting his sells higher than they would have been without the competition And I had to put up with hearing 'The Climb' played twice on radio 2 today because as the DJ said - "We wont be playing the christmas number 1, due to expletive content. We can play the next best thing though; number 2." :roll:

And "number 2" just about sums it up nicely.

Next year try picking one the radio will actually play.

I had to put up with hearing 'The Climb' played twice on radio 2 today because as the DJ said - "We wont be playing the christmas number 1, due to expletive content. We can play the next best thing though; number 2." :roll:

And "number 2" just about sums it up nicely.

I agree, what a horribly dreary song.

A great day for facebook and anyone planning another Jonestown, but a sad day for the music business. :cry:

Only if you count the drivel that Simon Cowell produces as "music".

I absolutely don't, and entirely respect RATM as musicians. But they didnt get the victory because of their talent, and thier reputation will probably never recover from this debacle.

Fact is Cowells drivel sold more copies this year than previously, almost certainly due to this campaign. Well done?