Worst Gig You've Ever Attended?

JAStewart

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only one i can think of that was a total disaster was at the Bressay Hall a couple years ago. canna mind the band exactly as i'm no a fan, but it was definately NOT diminor

[disclaimer, i'm sure they've all matured a bit now, and it was nothing to do with the music]

i was draughted in to be on the door and had the unfortunate task of throwing out a good proportion of underagers who were obviously pished (the hall committee were seriously on our backs about it so we had no choice, i didn't mind so much as they wirna getting served in the hall, and it's no as though none of us ever did it but rules are rules and when folk ir being cheeky about it they're out on their muckle sphincter) unfortunately the band thought they were above the law and continued to let folk back in through the back door, when we cottoned on and subsequently pointed out a couple of the band were also underage so shouldn't be drinking either we were met with a severe attitude problem and ultimately had quite a number of dissatisfied customers, not to mention disgruntled committee members, we made a loss that night for the record stinging the boating club and, i'm pretty sure, ensured that there won't be a gig of that nature on the island again, even if folk would want to come back.

i suppose this should go along with the thread that turned into talking about young folk and drinking at gigs but onywye...

worst gigs where i've been to see the band have all been at the death star, not to do with the bands as such, more the crowd not giving two sh*ts about them enough to either a. turn up or b. acknowledge any talent, again this links back to the "original music" thread but not exclusively so, whatever the band is playing doesn't always matter to me, and i can have a laugh even (maybe even more so) if they are useless, i'll still dance about and applaud afterwards, folk should show a bit more courtesy, it's not just down to the band to provide a good atmosphere

only one i can think of that was a total disaster was at the Bressay Hall a couple years ago. canna mind the band exactly as i'm no a fan, i think it was diminor*

well thats my bro's band hehehe...i didnt hear about this. but yes a couple o years ago they were underage..haha so maybe it was.

i must know ...so i will ask them

I don't recall ever playing at Bressay Hall.

I certainly would not be involved in letting underagers back into a hall through the back door either.

I believe this kind of behaviour would better be attributed to either Death By Monkees or the appropriately named Immaturely Aged.

Andy, a couple of years ago your brother was 21. Both Murray and myself were 18!

I certainly would not be involved in letting underagers back into a hall through the back door either.

I believe this kind of behaviour would better be attributed to either Death By Monkees or the appropriately named Immaturely Aged.

Andy, a couple of years ago your brother was 21. Both Murray and myself were 18!

ok... 8)

I went to see Turin Brakes in Dundee once. They weren't horribly bad, it was more the support band (Samian?) being completely sharn and there being at least an hour and a half between them finishing and Turin Brakes starting.

I was also pretty disappointed with the Foo Fighters at the SECC in 2002 or 2003. I think that might have been down to the venue, but they just seemed completely uniterested and didn't bother coming out for an encore.

Oasis in December were largely pish, but I'm not moaning about that as I didn't pay for the tickets.

Ok, sorry about that then, could of been Death by Monkees or the aptly named Immaturely aged i suppose, but as i say wasn't there to watch and it's no really my scene, so can't honestly mind for sure, cheeky wee beggars they were onywye

I can assure you, diminor pride themselves on a mature, respectful attitude towards everyone.

I just do not understand how our name was the first that sprung to your mind in connection with the night... Outwith a small circle of people we are pretty much unknown.

Worst gig for myself... Probably the ones that I have been involved in at Scalloway Hall.