mirrie dancers

bigton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know that due to recent adverse weather conditions, we have made a number of changes to our Mirrie Dancers illuminations and parties. We have re-arranged the order of our illuminations and we have postponed all the opening parties this week.

The new illuminations which begin this week and run to 1st February are:Reawick Congregational Church, West MainlandFormer Listening Station, Garths Ness, Dunrossness, South MainlandNew dates for parties to celebrate these illuminationsFriday 29th January, Betty Mouat's Böd, 7 - 9 pmSaturday 30th January, Skeld Hall, 7 - 9 pm

Please pass this information on to your family, friends and colleagues and we apologise for any inconvenience.

For further up-dated information please check the Noticeboard on our website, www.mirriedancers.com

Guest Anonymous

emie.

did you bother to read any of the postings on here before posting your updated timetable, as it would seem folk on here and in the population in general think it is a complete waste of time and money, if those windy spiels are rented do the decent thing and cancel this whole travesty now and see if you can save a few pence from the overblown budget.

Guest Anonymous

having looked over mirrie dancers site it seems we are paying for 10 piss ups, at £34 grand a piece they must be some shindigs, must attend the next one to get something out of it.

This is a perfect example of why Shetland Arts should be shut down and mareel cancelled.

what a load of utter bollox

can anyone who has seen any of these displays think of a suitable word to describe it-here are a few possibles--appalling, abyssmal, illconcieved, pointless, pathetic...

Having just wasted 60 seconds of my life I won't get back, looking at what they have on the Old Station at Garthsness, all of the above are fair descriptions IMHO.

The runway marker lights at the airport are a better show.

^^ I presume so, although its that dull I can hardly see what it really is, and I'm barely a mile away. There's just a weak glow where the old building should be.

Tocht first it was a boat gyaan atween wis an da Fair Isle, it was only when it faded green, red then back to white that I took a second look. Unless there's more still to add, I'm thinking its been inspired by traffic lights rather than Mirrie Danders.

can anyone who has seen any of these displays think of a suitable word to describe it-here are a few possibles--appalling, abyssmal, illconcieved, pointless, pathetic...

Having just wasted 60 seconds of my life I won't get back, looking at what they have on the Old Station at Garthsness, all of the above are fair descriptions IMHO.

The runway marker lights at the airport are a better show.

I can light me ciggies by the runway lights if I have me room light turned off - reckon I can do the same with the Mirrie Dancers?

<