Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

Joost come fae toon ... main road heading sooth tae Channerwick is no bad, but watch oot for drifts in da usual places; Brindister, Fladdabister, sooth Sandwick junction. Sandwick was very poor wi a lot o drifting fae da nort junction tae da crossroads. Taking da sooth road oot was better. Bigton road is currently passable wi care, and good tyres. Dere's meant tae be plows heading oot wi da buses at 5pm.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Skeld/Reawick roads are really pretty bad all the way out to Bixter.

...took nearly two hours to get into Lerwick to the school this morning by which time it was closed so we had to turn round and make the same journey back again with the roads getting worse all the time...

so here comes Ice Age 2!!!

the novelty of snow is beginning to wear off slightly :)

Dont know specifically that area but I wouldnt go out much after the gritter convoy has left town which is about now.. It is set to snow quite heavily over night easying during the day tomorrow then another big clump of snow tommorrow night.

Two planes "revving" up on runway right now to take off.

Airport workers are asked to stay later tonight so it may well be that they are trying to get more planes out.

Cafe is still open (but hey, it is under a new franchise).

Come on people, bit of common sense please, put some lights on!!! Cars are driving past, its snowing again, visibility not great and no lights on.

here here.. can't believe how many idiot's were driving around with out them!! utter madness. and they'll be the first to complain when somebody pull's out in front of them cos they couldna see them

Thinking o travelling fae da Westside to Lerwick today, can anybody tell me whit da roads are lik?

Sorry no but I do think you need to be aware of the weather forecast which is mentioning snow for today meaning you need to think about getting home again. Maybe best not to travel if you do not need to.

Thanks, i'm not planning on returning - it will be a one way trip for now! Spoken to a few people fae various areas and they seem to think roads aren't too bad at da moment - plough and gritters have been to most places. Just spoke to someone who travelled fae Weisdale to Skeld and back this morning and managed it ok.