Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise not to travel on any of the side roads between Papil and Meal Juntion they were totally pathetic as of yesterday.

The main hill up past the Hamnavoe shop is where a bus got stuck yesterday morning. The hill is known as Duke Street and also the hill upto Meal junction is no better.

The main downhill road onto the Trondra brig is never even touched by the gritter. Local folk have said the gritter thats meant to clear Burra area is a joke.

This is no lie and if you have to travel here do tak great care. Oh and dinna ask the gritter man fir help you'd be better aaf asking a zombie.

:x

Don't complain about gritters on here. If it's as bad as you think complain to council. Those men work their bottoms

Off and all People do is complain. Get a grip!

ill 2nd that!!!!

when the roads are in bad form by snow and its not really safe to travel.... the simple answer here is dont. because if you do travel against advice and have an accident you are then putting other peoples lives at risk by having them come out to save you. such thing happened last night and my husband was called out and he could of had an accident at any point while doing his job to make the place safe for others. These road workers should be getting respect for the work they do... not getting slated.

I have to agree with previous posts - if the folks who operate the ploughs and gritters were not out doing their job then me trying to deliver the post would not happen. Even with the worst snow yesterday, I was still able to drive out to places like Nibbon/Gunnister and Ennisfirth (albeit with alot of caution).

So a massive thankyou to everyone involved who go out in this weather to enable others to go about their normal, daily business.

Guest Anonymous

and going against this advice would only put yourself and others at risk... simply dont do it.

Not only other road users are at risk, but emergency teams that may have to drive at speed through these conditions to cut you out of an upturned vehicle.. Pay a thought for these people when deciding whether to head out or no!

I have to agree with previous posts - if the folks who operate the ploughs and gritters were not out doing their job then me trying to deliver the post would not happen. Even with the worst snow yesterday, I was still able to drive out to places like Nibbon/Gunnister and Ennisfirth (albeit with alot of caution).

So a massive thankyou to everyone involved who go out in this weather to enable others to go about their normal, daily business.

agreed mr postie, certainly think they could teach the mainland a thing or two about dealing with snowy conditions.