Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left Ollaberry at lunchtime and the roads were white to the north Sullom junction then you could seen the road all the way to Voe. A lot of snow has come down since and the roads are white everywhere. The essy cart was in a ditch on a side road in Ollaberry when I left. My daughter has just come home from Lerwick and there is heavy snow falling with road conditions worse as she came north.

Well, car did pass its MOT and took me an hour driving carefully from Virkie to Lerwick and about an hour on the home journey - was easier coming back from Lerwick than it was going there - gritters are definitely out - cheers gritters!

all westsdie Eid cluster schools are schools are closed and the wast road (waas tae lerwick) isn't good. still waiting for my 6.50am call...

the 8am bus fae walls is currently running about 15minutes late, but traffic is getting through. If like me you've got to get there good luck and drive safely (which does not mean causing a convoy going at 13miles an hour).