Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

The road south of Lerwick until Quarff is quite treacherous with deep fans. A few folk were having sideways moments. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in a 4x4

Oh great, that's one I didn't want to hear.

Does anybody know the condition of the whole main road going down to sumburgh from the black gate? Would be great to know what i'm letting myself in for, for tomo morning. cheers

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgent notice from Shetland Islands Council:

All schools, all youth clubs, the Eric Gray Resource Centre, Shetland College and the Learning Centre are CLOSED today (Thursday) due to drifting snow.

Leasks have suspended all bus services across Shetland except the town service.

The situation will be reviewed at 9am.

think you are right breeksy = gie da gritter boys a chance to clear the main lines.

friend took 1 hour to get from brae to lerwick early this morning at about 6.00am a lot of the road at that time was single track, he said they were not good.

so if you can wait a wee while before travelling - it might be wise.

I just had to say out in Papal my other half went off the road at 6:15 this morning walked home to get me to help push the car out , and we had no luck at all.

Along come the Gritter guys and they saved the day, not once, not twice but three times. They pulled us out of the ditches and now the car is sitting in our drive.

But I have to say a huge Thank you to the two Guys in the Gritter. They don't get thanked enough for the difficult job they do and they really went above and beyond the call of duty today.

I know we all like a good moan even myself but those guys really deserve a big THANK YOU !!! :D