Schools Closure

sharalee99

It's nearly 9pm and they haven't closed the schools yet? oh well another early morning listening to the radio.

Now how many schools do we think will be open tomorrow?

Bairn's hoping for the roads to be closed so she can get some sledging in, otherwise it'll be another day in town for her.

Well had one last look at the Shetland News website to see if it says anything about School Closures but no word as of yet, so i guess it will be a case of listening to the radio in the morning.

I personally think the schools will be closed, on the main roads in Brae there must be atleast over 5inches of snow and Lerwick is looking quite bad also. My brother works in Scalloway and he finished at Half 5 and only got home at Half 7 as the roads between Scalloway and Brae are grim...

REMINDER: Just want to remind you that most Northern Schools such as Brae and Mossbank will be closed tomorrow (Tuesday 23rd) due to the Northern Up-Helly-Aa. Schools are to open as normal Wednesday unless of course the snow closes them.

Thankyou.

Rumour has it that the decision has been made to close all schools tomorrow (24th February).

Nobody else, including those of us that work in education, seem to have heard that rumour.

And bells brae is closed on fri and mon already think they call it an occasional holiday....

These are days off that are planned WAY (ie months & months) in advance - in agreement with the school's parent council.

Rumour has it that the decision has been made to close all schools tomorrow (24th February).

Nobody else, including those of us that work in education, seem to have heard that rumour.

Phone call came about an hour ago and as I didn't take the call personally (my partner did) I called it a rumour.