Thistle / Delting

Radarman

Guest Anonymous

Look,

[moderator edit - language and terminology gratuitously offensive removed]

Why should anyone care if the afore mentioned player wants to play for Delting. Sounds like sour grapes to me!

I could name numerous players who have "signed" for two clubs and no stink has been kicked up.

So what if the rich get richer, that's life.

Move on Radarman you chocolate!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
Look,

[moderator edit - offensive language removed]

Why should anyone care if the afore mentioned player wants to play for Delting. Sounds like sour grapes to me!

I could name numerous players who have "signed" for two clubs and no stink has been kicked up.

congratulations guest....you just got bronze!

Moderators/admin would you please delete that part of "Guest"'s post which is gratuitously offensive - if I need to point it out to you then I'll not be back.

No matter how many winky smilies you put in, Guest, it doesn't detract from the fact that your choice of language portrays you to be an insensitive, ill-educated individual.

Whatever the rights, wrongs or opinions in this case there is no need to resort to such phraseology.

Maybe not but as I say for the good of a wider intrest in the game here it does not help when the best side strengthen at the expense of others. Perhaps Delting need to take a look at their signing policy?

No sympathy for Thistle in this respect.

What goes around comes around.

Thistle have strengthened their team for years at the expense of others.

Do you really think there would be so much fuss if it was another team other than Delting involved? I am quite sure Thistle have poached players as much as anyone in the past.

Just because Delting are the current league champions and favourites to retain the league again(before this controversy) doesn't mean they can't sign players to improve. I would like to see you tell Mr Abramovich and Mourinho they can't sign anymore players because they are the champions.

I can't help but think this is all just "SOUR GRAPES" eh Radarman? :cry: :(

Frankie, my points would stand wheather it was Thistle or Burra or anyone else.

1. The said player has played this very badly.

2. Delting, in my opinion, shouldn't be signing players from the Ness who will mean a lad from the parish will no longer get a chance in the first team (incidently a policy Delting felt strongly about before now?)

3. Thistle have done nothing wrong. He signed, he played, he didn't ask to leave.

4. Delting must have know he was a signed Thistle player.

5. He will get a 10 match ban when and if it is resolved because at the moment he is not playing through his own choice.

6. As I understand it the association or the SAFA won't even look at it until he writes to either complain, appeal (against what?) etc.

7. The said player doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Nobody said that clubs cant approach players to move clubs, it usually happens close season when everyone is free to sign, what should of happend is that once delting decided they wanted to sign the player they should have made contact with the Thistle management because the player was signed to Thistle, it doesnt follow that becuse they played each other in the Highland fuels that Delting should have known he was signed because at the SFA egm clubs were told that players didnt have to be signed to play in that competiton.

Thats what should of happened but has rarely been the case in Shetland football with most teams realising that they have lost players to other teams when they start going to their traing or someone from the new club says how come so and so decided to sign for us.

Some hackles getting raised here people??! Fair enough if you want to try and defend a point but no need to get touchy!

It is of no personal interest to me other than I play football in Shetland and sorry but I thought this was a Sport forum that we were looking at.

The only reason there has been as much debate is because of the two big teams involved as well as the well known county player, now, if we were speaking about a Scalloway and a Celtic player (no offence to those teams) then there wouldn't have been as much debate, but they'd still be as guilty of beaking the rules!

Guest Anonymous

The facts of this matter are this:

a. the said player signed for Thistle pre season

b. he then signed for Delting

As Thistle had not agreed to cancelling the original registration form then this is the one the holds true. The second registration form is invalid. This matter was recently addressed at an association meeting under a different guise. It was agreed that players could only sign for one club as the rule to allow good players from the north isles to play A team football whilst still representing their isles team was being abused.

No one knows what the outcome of this matter is but if my information is correct Delting will not push the matter and will relinquish their interest in signing the player.

Guest Anonymous

Why should Delting relinquish their interest in a player who, by all accounts, has now made it clear he has no intention of playing for Thistle!

As was pointed out previously if "said" player wanted to sign for any other side in Shetland the Thistle brain-trust would of wished him well. (Although would of surely been sad to see him go)

Why, because the league champions want to sign another established county player should this be any different?

Guest Anonymous

It's nothing to do with who the player is or which club he wishes to play for/leave. There are rules which must be followed and processes that must be adherred to. In this case this has clearly not happened, though which party has been at fault is not clear and i doubt will become clear until the next SFA monthly meeting.