Thistle / Delting

Radarman

As far as your views on the issue go DB i think a closer inspection of the signing on forms will reveal to you a clause allowing one transfer a season should both clubs agree.

That's just not true.

The form contains no clauses at all and does not mention any transfer.

Under the RULES of the SFA a player can make one move but the club holding his first form have to release him before he can sign for another.

But don't let the facts ruin your point!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir

I would appear that the whole point is being missed here. This whole buisiness STINKS!!

A few weeks ago the said player signed a form with Lerwick Thistle F.C. Next thing He was telling Thistle players that he had been offered a (** moderator edit **) job by (** moderator edit **) (Delting manager) on the understanding that he signed for Delting. He was telling the Thistle players that he DID NOT want to sign for Delting, but he had been offered this job which he could not turn down. He was in tears and asked the Thistle boys to understand his position.

Section 93 -94 of the constitution of Shetland Football clearly states that the inducement of a player already signed can be punished by the guilty being thrown out of the League. I feel that a 10 point deduction should be imposed here at least.

(** moderator edit **) should be taken to task by his superiors in offering this player this position position he is NOT qualified or experienced to perform, as equal opportunities and employment rights are an issue here as well.

Guest Anonymous

Section 93 -94 of the constitution of Shetland Football clearly states that the inducement of a player already signed can be punished by the guilty being thrown out of the League. I feel that a 10 point deduction should be imposed here at least.

This is not the first case of a player having signed for 2 separate teams however.

Ryan Sutherland was once signed for Delting and Whitedale simultaneously.

Brian Duncan was signed for Delting and Thistle simultaneously.

Dominick Mann was signed for Spurs and Celtic simultaneously.

Because “said†player is a so called “big name†should this rule only be enforced now?

This is not the first case of a player having signed for 2 separate teams however.

Ryan Sutherland was once signed for Delting and Whitedale simultaneously.

Brian Duncan was signed for Delting and Thistle simultaneously.

Dominick Mann was signed for Spurs and Celtic simultaneously.

Because “said†player is a so called “big name†should this rule only be enforced now?

Again half truths and lies.

Dominic didn't sign for two teams. He played for junior Spurs and signed for senior Celtic. Two different associations with no conection in terms of rules and regulations (inc signing) at all.

Brian did, last year, but the club holding his first form let him go.

I can't comment on Ryan but even if thats true, 1 out of three aint very good!

Sir

I would appear that the whole point is being missed here. This whole buisiness STINKS!!

A few weeks ago the said player signed a form with Lerwick Thistle F.C. Next thing He was telling Thistle players that he had been offered a (** moderator edit **) job by (** moderator edit **) (Delting manager) on the understanding that he signed for Delting. He was telling the Thistle players that he DID NOT want to sign for Delting, but he had been offered this job which he could not turn down. He was in tears and asked the Thistle boys to understand his position.

(** moderator edit **) should be taken to task by his superiors in offering this player this position position he is NOT qualified or experienced to perform, as equal opportunities and employment rights are an issue here as well.

Hey admin, there are certainly a few litigious comments in this posting are there not!!!?

Guest Anonymous
Sir

If this is true,BP should be looking at this matter with a rather dim view. (**moderator edit**)is a top tier major hazard site and no vetting of personel is a serious matter in this day of age.Certain national news papers would make a meal of this which is the last thing BP or Shetland football needs right now.I agree with Kirsty about the points deduction,and (**moderator edit**)should be removed from his position within Delting and his position at the terminal.

He and (**moderator edit**) are being summoned before the S.F.A to answer these charges, and on the basis of what he told his so called friends at his squad doo on Friday 21st April, what I stated is true based on what he said himself.

Guest Anonymous

Do you have nothing better to talk about than slag off one particular person?

This should be discussed between the individual and his team. Its for them to sort out and none of your business!

Have a nice day!!! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

One has to laugh at this saga between Delting FC and Thistle FC.

To all the folk who are against a "certain player" moving to another club, even if it is a fact he has been offered a job at Sullom Voe into the bargain, i would like to ask you all "If you were a labourer with far better qualifications, with a chance to improve your quality of life - WHAT WOULD YOU ALL DO" ?

Lets not forget, we are talking amateur football here, and as has been in the past, there has always been movement of players from one club to another even during the playing season, so how come all of a sudden this particular move is a problem.

I will say that the way in which this impending move has been handled is maybe a bit naive, had a transfer request been handed in would that have sufficed.

It might be that the player involved, has not played a competitive game for either club (except one game in the Highland Fuels Cup) so technically both have right of access to the player.

I hope that common sense shall prevail, and i for one, back the player in his quest to better himself both on and off the park. :twisted: [/b]

Guest Anonymous
One has to laugh at this saga between Delting FC and Thistle FC.

To all the folk who are against a "certain player" moving to another club, even if it is a fact he has been offered a job at Sullom Voe into the bargain, i would like to ask you all "If you were a labourer with far better qualifications, with a chance to improve your quality of life - WHAT WOULD YOU ALL DO" ?

Lets not forget, we are talking amateur football here, and as has been in the past, there has always been movement of players from one club to another even during the playing season, so how come all of a sudden this particular move is a problem.

I will say that the way in which this impending move has been handled is maybe a bit naive, had a transfer request been handed in would that have sufficed.

It might be that the player involved, has not played a competitive game for either club (except one game in the Highland Fuels Cup) so technically both have right of access to the player.

I hope that common sense shall prevail, and i for one, back the player in his quest to better himself both on and off the park. :twisted: [/b]

I hope you are right.