Something good happened in Shetland today...

Longdog

Guest Anonymous

And, on the something good subject.

Reading Longdog's blog. That does it for me. Nice one. :D

This is one of the important points about incomers to Shetland. They see the islands from a completely different perspective, with fresh eyes, and see things that locals never think of looking at.

I only realised this when I brought Oddrun to Shetland for the first time. We visited places which I would never have visited as a local, but I could get away with it as a 'tourist guide' :wink:

The Quendale Mill, Crofthouse Museum, etc., they're all brilliant attractions, but how many locals have bothered to visit what they think of as 'only for tourists'.

And on the subject of attractions, and I wonder how many Shetlanders have visited it, the Scalloway Museum. We spent about twice as long in there as we did in the new 'Lerwick' museum.

So, there, I've mentioned a few places which I think are worth a visit. And I eagerly await Longdog's blog report when he gets round to visiting them. :D

Many thanks for the positive comments :D

I've been here a while - 26 years now (i came here very young) & have bee on every inhabited island several times & quite a few uninhabited ones but am still finding new things. Decided to start blogging this year after getting a new camera & the will to use it.......

Here's a classic blog post from today about Collafirth Hill:

http://kozetland1.blogspot.com/

Yes, another very interesting blog with lots of information and great photos. You can follow both Shetland My Love and Kozetland on Twitter too - links on their blogs. Not sure if Longdog's on Twitter.

Yes some interesting blog out there alright. Good to see what people are up to.

I'm not on Twitter BTW, I have a hard enough time trying to keep myself off the PC on various forums as it is without any other 'reasons' to sit here :lol:

Kev