Something good happened in Shetland today...

Longdog

Hubby has just paid me a compliment (I know, I was quite shocked too) and said that the first loaf made with the breadmaker (albeit on the tiny side and a tad mishaped) tasted pretty good. VERY SPECIAL thanks go to a certain mate (ta me dear xx).

On the minus side, he did ask how much electricity it had cost him for me to make it. :cry:

^ I always make my bread dough in the breadmaker, let it rise as a rough loaf on a pan on the counter and finish it off in the oven. Gives a perfect loaf every time and also gives that country croft homely sort of feel to it. I found cooking the bread in the breadmaker itself gives a sort of chemically artificial air to it for some reason.

I use mine but I found that to do brown or wholemeal you need more salt and sugar. So stick to white usin organic flour and add a table spoon of olive oil, it gives it a slight yellow tinge, it tastes not bad and lasts longer...

They are handy for making fruit loafs as well, they are ready by the time I get home...

My wife finished knitting her first toorie, designed by herself, today :D

To determined to finish it so didn't go to Eid Craft Group as planned, sorry...

So now I have my first toorie, when it's dried on the pyrex bowl 8)

Pictures aren't too good as they're off my old mobile and the colours aren't true. Had to take the cover off it to even get a picture :lol:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll263/longdog_bucket/oblique.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll263/longdog_bucket/side.jpg

My Mum bought one of those when she was last up - she loves it. Most of her friends have asked her to pick one up on her next visit so I guess it will be the big suitcase . . .

On topic: A large local public body paid me within 20 days of invoicing for a couple of jobs. Within the SLA and accurate too, thank you!

Due to the intense heat from torches coupled with global warming, Shelties have agreed to trial kilt-wearing for UHA Vikings next year, to go along with the already established Scottish tradition of the pipe band. Lerwick Tourist Board welcome the move and envisage an increase in visitor numbers to the Shetlands during this time.

Due to the intense heat from torches coupled with global warming, Shelties have agreed to trial kilt-wearing for UHA Vikings next year, to go along with the already established Scottish tradition of the pipe band. Lerwick Tourist Board welcome the move and envisage an increase in visitor numbers to the Shetlands during this time.

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/ISI/ISI119/key-windup-toy_~UNIOB064.JPG :P