World Cup

drew_peacock

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
With Engerland heading to Germany with Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen, who it would appear have two fit feet between them as their preferred striking options do you think the English have any chance of not winning the cup?

C'mon ye Italeeee

who gives a toss?

Guest Anonymous

Germany should do well on their own patch, can't see past brazil to win.

Ukraine were excellent in their qualifying group and could be the surprise team of the tournament.

The inclusion of Theo Walcott is very strange. He does provide an "unknown entity" and alot of people are comparing it to Rooney when he was first called up. However Rooney had played about 20 games for Everton by the time he was called into the England squad, and it wasn't for a major tournament.

I think this is an attempt for Sven to prove he isn't "boring" before he goes back into club management.

Theo Walcott is an extraordinary player in the Wayne Rooney mould. I hate to say it, but England seems to have some sort of thing going at the moment that is producing footballing wonderkids with jaw-dropping skills and pace to burn. Admittedly Walcott doesn't have much experience but I would love to see him on the pitch at the World Cup. I think he would give most experienced - and slower - defenders a hell of a time.

Walcott is relatively unkown so could make a big impact on the world cup, remeber that other famous unkown Toto Shillaci in the 1990 world cup finals came from nowhere and burst onto the world stage and took the world by storm for 30 days! 8O