Simon King's Shetland Diaries

Mattie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we missed it because we don't have a TV. Can't watch/download it on iPlayer either as we don't have Broadband. :(

Could I be really cheeky and ask if somebody who recorded it would be kind enough to let us have a copy? :oops: Donation to Charity of your choice.

I enjoyed it. Most of it was good. And not as patronising as a lot of programmes about Shetland can be.

Did think he should have made comment about UHA not being the main one but one of the smaller ones. Not that there is anything wrong with Northmavines UHA, but it is considerably smaller than the Lerwick one. I wonder if any potential UHA visitors were put off as it was smaller than they thought?

And I can't work out if this guy in the guardian is trying to be funny or he is just very ignorant: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/feb/05/simon-kings-shetland-diaries-review

It sure as hell beat all the other rubbish that has been on lately

Eastenders and all other soap rubbish

Any thing that got dance in the title

Talent programs

Cookery programs? How to boil water ect

Don’t bother Oops I ment Big Brother

I’m a talent less nobody get me out of here.

Jeremy Kyle? There a lot of idiot's out there get them on the show ect

^ There have been some pretty good BBC documentaries on - How the Earth Made Us and the Chemistry ones have entertained the kids and I. We don't have telly - I just let them watch things on the iPlayer occasionally - I think they must be seriously telly deprived if they're happy to watch such sciencey shows with me :)

They're the only things I think that have been worth watching over the past few weeks (and Lark Rise to Candleford, of course, my one weakness ;) )

Yeh, it wasn't bad and some of the photography/film seemed to be quite fresh and new but there were those cringeworthy moments when they tried to "egg it up". Let's hope it settles down a tad.

Mind you, I found my patience ebbing away when he had hold of yon tirrick. I thought "du's going tae cause yon bird more stress and pain dan da blooming broken wing it haes" :evil:

:)

Generally great. A bit slow at times. But I'd love know where in Shetland he stays and where a lot of the filming takes place. I'm a newcomer here.

The otter filming was at Gluss Voe.

Good to see one of the many great country Up-Helly-Aa's got some coverage for a change!