Shetland: my dream move

bill r

Hi RichFer

We're from just south of teesside, near Loftus. Moved up in December.

Great but you're right the kennels aren't good. Luckily ours was the only dog so I put her in a bottom kennel, like you lifting her up to the top ones would have been neigh on impossible.

Good luck with your move

Kev

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when we'd go on family holidays south on the old P&O ferries - their kennels were horrible things, pretty much exposed to the elements.

We used to put the dog in them at the start of the journey, then take her for ' a walk' on deck an hour or so later... then me and my sis would keep look out while my ma smuggled the dog into the cabin.

We did this all the time, pretty much hassle free. Obviously we had our own cabin and the dog was well behaved - and fully house-trained I might add...

Perhaps all those concerned with the location of the kennels on the Northlink ferries could write to our MSP asking if some better arrangement could be found before the new contract for whoever wins it is put in place. Very easy for non dog owners to forget that this is a serious issue for some passengers.

• 4 weeks later...

well my shetlinkers there,s news on the job front. i didnt get the job at shetland but i have taken there offer on the isle of lewis. was,nt my 1st choice but hey, hope you all have fun and i will be there for my hollies. thanks for all the info and offers of help. cheers bill :lol: