YouTube abuse

khitajrah

Guest Anonymous

I think I know what account you're speaking about. I've spotted, flagged and reported it myself to no avail..

It's probably a point to remember that ten of thousands of reports are recieved by YouTube administrators every day and it would be simply impossible to review each complaint individually. Also, The more serious abusers of the site simply 'pop up' again under a new name if deleted.

Im not saying that you shouldn't be concerned, But until they actually break the site rules there's not much can be done against these people.

What is a little worrying is that there may be no further action taken against this person who seems to have been either astoundingly misguided in their use of tags, or was attempting to groom minors. I don't know if YouTube have a policy of reporting said individuals to the authorities, but I suspect not as no actual crime had been committed. Tough one, but nevertheless well done Khit for your success in this. I hope that given 48 hours a whole new bunch of names don't appear.

I hope that given 48 hours a whole new bunch of names don't appear.

I should try and reassure parents that this is unlikely to happen. Although the said individual has nothing to do with any of the children and some of them don't know who he is, he is known to their parents in various respects, which is why they were targeted.