Changes in Shetland (what can you remember?)

CrunchieSquirrel

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the refurbishement in Isleburgh when they changed the doors into automatic doors. Decision making about the new museum of Shetland and I was a Brownie in Lerwick.

I remember when they refurbished Isleburgh took out the booths, poured sick on the walls in the cafe, and did the rest out like a cheap bordello. We swore we were never going back (for a whole 2weeks).

Pity this last time round they scrapped the snooker tables & the gym hall.

Guest Anonymous

i can mind the very first diggers goin in to dig test holes at Calback, slightly before dat the decimal money comin n fags were 20p for 20 at the tagon shop an folk were actually allowed to smok them

Guest Anonymous

When almost everybody had at least one small grocery shop within easy walking distance, and grocery vans came every week, as well as fish vans..

Prices might have been higher, but there was no need for a car so cheaper in the long run....

Those were the days when there was only plain crisps, with the peerie salt bag, which cost 3d (just over 1p)......

Guest Anonymous
I can mind (just) the first ro-ro ferry (Fivla) coming to Ulsta. I was on the first run.

i can mind me faidder workin on the ferry piers, an it wis my uncle dat flattened da toft toilets wi land n marines "beach piper", was yarning n never noticed