Contrails over Shetland

crofter

If you keep your eyes open you'll see them; always from white unmarked jets usually two or more at a time high enough to make no sound whatsoever. sometimes I have seen them fly parallel, with the one at greater Altitude leaving no trail or switching them on then off, which alone blows away the lies they spout about how contrails make these things.

Interesting picture in the Shetland Times 12 02 2010. Page 35. Two planes flying in parallel, one slightly ahead of the other, the lead plane has a constant trail, the second only has a short trail.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting picture in the Shetland Times 12 02 2010. Page 35. Two planes flying in parallel, one slightly ahead of the other, the lead plane has a constant trail, the second only has a short trail.

Turbulence from the lead plane disrupting the formation of the trail behind the second plane ?

Turbulence from the lead plane disrupting the formation of the trail behind the second plane ?

It does have a trail. Just a short one, but it is the same as the trail from the other plane which leaves a mark across the whole page. Hard to describe. Have you seen the pic?

There are differing temperatures at different levels.

Engine condensation hangs around longer the colder it is.

Hope that helps

Hope that helps

That's a possibility, but there does not appear to be much difference in altitude... hard to tell from the picture though. It would need a second picture taken a bit later to see if the trail from the second plane got longer, or if it remained short.

Nice try; no banana.

I've seen the higher of two parallel planes be the one with the shorter trail, with the lower one stretch fom horizon to horizon; or what about ones that switch off then on, as they pass an already sprayed patch of sky.

It's hardly worth discussing with folk who have faith that this would not be done without their knowledge. Try watching one for a couple of hours, the next sunny day they're out. They don't go away; they spread till the whole sky is pale and the sun is just a patch of glare.

They will continue to lay Chemtrails, whether you choose to believe in them or not.

Chances are, they'll slip them into your mainstream viewscreen sooner or later as the latest innovation to combat global warming.

Then at least some may believe in them; yet still have no idea they're being lied to once again.

I've seen the higher of two parallel planes be the one with the shorter trail,

It's kind of unusual to see planes flying in formation like this anyway (or it used to be). Is it normal for commercial flights to follow each other so closely? They seem smaller than commercial airliners too, (or are they just flying higher?)

It's been evident above here several times recently, I've seen it twice now myself.

Also, I was on a high altitude flight not so long ago that flew directly over here, so I can confirm that we are on a standard passenger route. Couldn't say I noticed another plane nearby though :P .

(One of the movies available was "An Inconvenient Truth" which I thought was suitably ironic. :wink: )

This is a regular occurrence - we're on the Europe to North America flight path? - here's two planes above Lerwick heading West on 27th December - the lower one has 4 engines the higher one only two if thats any help for the trail theorists!

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/bugshet/271209AboveLK.jpg

here's a closer view of the lower 4 engined plane over LK 27/12/09 - looks like it may be a KLM jumbo from the blue livery??

edit - soz mods if this is a bit off topic but was just following the course of the thread ;)

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/bugshet/271209overLK.jpg

This is a regular occurrence - we're on the Europe to North America flight path? - here's two planes above Lerwick heading West on 27th December - the lower one has 4 engines the higher one only two if thats any help for the trail theorists!

[/img]

This is very similar to the picture in the Shetland Times...

we're on the Europe to North America flight path

the lower one has 4 engines the higher one only two if thats any help for the trail theorists!

I'm well aware we're on the America flight path and those two could well be what you say but if they are contrails (4 engines or 2) they will not zig-zag to scar the whole sky and they will not hang about slowly spreading over a matter of hours; Which is what we get.

http://i45.tinypic.com/qxjnuw.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/1z69xrn.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vbrdp1.jpg

I'm well aware we're on the America flight path and those two could well be what you say but if they are contrails (4 engines or 2) they will not zig-zag to scar the whole sky and they will not hang about slowly spreading over a matter of hours; Which is what we get.

To save me going all the way back through this thread, can you explain briefly what it is exactly that you claim they are doing spreading this stuff over Shetland?