Room 101 - Film and TV style

Kind of nicked from the thread in the Anything Else forum. Anything that crops up in Films or TV shows that really annoys you? or any particular scene from a flim that gets at you? Characters...plots...anything really.

I'll get us started...

- Not sure what to label this as, but I caught a snip of K:19 - Widowmaker on Channel 4 2/3 weeks back. Now, I know the background of this film is that it is set in Russia, but for the viewers sake the actors speak English throughout the film. Nothing wrong with that, however why does Harrison Ford's character have to speak with a eastern european accent when pretty much everyone else speaks perfect English?

- Period drama films in general - Is there some unwritten rule that all period dramas have to be set in rural England and include a harsh mother, a dowdy-but-attractive daughter and a strong handsome English gentleman? Throw in a couple of piss and fart jokes and an explosion just to rock the boat a bit.

- Paul Walker - 'nuff said

- Paul Walker Films - 'nuff said

- Ashton Kutcher - see above

- Ashton Kutcher films - see above

- Oceans Twelve - why?

- Oceans Thirteen - why again?

having a short memory im sure i have a lot more but can't remember them just now- i hate getting old! the older i get the more like a grumpy old man off that programme i get, soon i will be able to go on it!

and remembering which thread you're trying to post in... :D :wink:

having a short memory im sure i have a lot more but can't remember them just now- i hate getting old! the older i get the more like a grumpy old man off that programme i get, soon i will be able to go on it!

and remembering which thread you're trying to post in... :D :wink:

what you talking about again? :lol: :lol:

Ghost Ship.... So dire i had diarrhea half way through.

Jebus.

I had that described to me as "really really good and really scary". I kind of knew I was in for let a down given the source, but I watched it. And I regret it.

god am i thick or what? - totaly missed the point of the film bit of this thread, sorry guys maby admin could open a room 101 shetland style then move my post into it. sorry but my eyes just saw the room 101 bit and away i went feet first!

sorry again lads

Pearl Harbour - I still maintain that this film would have actually been quite an acceptable war film had they dropped the stupid f*****g love story and concentrated on the Pearl Harbour attack and the following Doolittle raids

Dunno man - I think pearl harbour, like 99% of recent American war movies, was always destined to suck. The musical score, hammy acting and trite sentiment (especially the tattered American flag floating to seabed after the attack- oh the symbolism!), served with lashings of unadulterated, saccharine schmaltz has me reaching for the sick bag every time.

Honestly, I’ve yet to get to the end of that movie – I just can’t take it. It’s just so typical of the yanks. About as historically accurate as Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves, but infinitely less entertaining. Poo!

• 2 months later...